To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA 30328
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Corporate Accounting Analyst
Serta Simmons Bedding • Atlanta, GA
Posted 11 days ago
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Corporate Senior Analyst of General Accounting is responsible for assisting executing general accounting processes including journal entry preparation and/or approval, account reconciliation preparation and/or approval, month-end close procedures, data integrity validation across multiple reporting packages and consolidations across multiple cost centers or plants. This person reports to the Sr. Manager of Corporate Accounting and, along with the Manager of General Accounting, coordinates the daily activities of the accounting staff to efficiently and accurately record the financial transactions generated by business activities. This position requires a highly motivated self-starter with a proactive and analytical mindset.
This position requires collaboration and effective communication with departments outside General Accounting. This role will be expected to coordinate project based initiatives partnering with the Sr. Manager of Corporate Accounting.
The Senior Analyst of General Accounting supports corporate management with timely financial reporting information and analysis as required.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
* Prepares and/or approves journal entries
* Prepares and/or approves account reconciliations
* Executes month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close procedures
* Coordinates with Sr. Manager of Corporate Accounting to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures
* Provides timely and accurate financial information and analysis to support both internal and external reporting, in accordance with accounting policies, U.S. GAAP and other statutory or government reporting guidelines
* Recommends improvements to accounting policies and procedures as appropriate; ensure change directives are implemented at the shared services center
* Ensures agreed upon Service Level Agreements are met
* Understand and execute internal controls related to accountabilities; proactively seek opportunities to strengthen internal controls
* Partners with Operations Finance, Corporate, and Sales Finance groups to ensure that the business accounting needs are being met
* Supports regional management with high level financial analysis as required
* Supports corporate financial reporting (eliminations, consolidations, financial statements and reporting) as required
* Ensures the Data Integrity validation across multiple reporting packages
* Has the ability to partner with other departmental heads and staff through project management
* Support and assist with external and internal audits.
* Creation and preparation of policy documentation
* Supports with the Intercompany and reconciliation of transactions between multiple locationsCompetencies
* Technical accounting knowledge required
* Hyperion Essbase adhoc reporting 3-5 years experience
* Advanced Excel power user
* Blackline 1-2 years experience
* Leadership skills
* Possess good interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills
* Proactive and independent
* Team player oriented but also works well independently
* Ability to work under pressure
* Flexible and able to thrive in a changing and evolving environment
* BA / BS degree in accounting or finance
* Professional accountancy certification (or working toward certification) such as CPA, CIMA, ACCA, ACA is preferred
* Five to Eight years of experience in an accounting function
* Demonstrated leadership skills
* Strong interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills
* U.S. GAAP technical accounting background
* Experience with SOX compliance is preferred
* Experience in a shared services or manufacturing environment is preferred
* Experience in International manufacturing experience is preferredThis job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities associated with the job. Other job-related duties may be assigned.
An affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer * Drug-Free Working Environment
As a part of the Serta Simmons Bedding team, you can help lead the way to a healthier and more well-rested world. Our mission is simple -- to give consumers the sleep they need to live the lives they want. We are the world's #1 mattress company with winning and iconic brands -- Serta and Simmons -- and robust marketing, sales and operational capabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 5000204805210
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.