To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lexington, KY
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
EVP Manager of Commercial Lending
ExecuNet • Lexington, KY
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Manage and direct the commercial lending function for the bank with the responsibility and authority to organize, plan, staff, coordinate and control all functions of the Commercial Lending Department. This includes marketing to the field, underwriting, structuring, pricing, production, ongoing monitoring, overseeing loan operations and documentation preparation, collection of delinquent accounts, management of problem loans, and providing customer service. Incumbent also develops, implements, and updates policy and procedures. Exercises individual credit authority and serves on the Bank’s Internal Loan Committee (ILC), Directors Loan Committee (DLC), Asset Liability Committee, and Senior Leadership Team.
- Manages and directs staff of the department.
- Negotiates and structures new and existing loan requests serving on the ILC and DLC.
- Exercises individual loan authority as appropriate.
- Ensures high credit quality of the loan portfolio by continually evaluating underwriting standards and overseeing the ongoing monitoring of the loan portfolio, the collection of delinquent accounts, and assignment of proper risk rating grades and proper reserve levels.
- Develops and refines commercial lending policies for approval by DLC and the Board
- Makes regular presentations to the DLC and to the Board on the status of the department.
- Develops relationships with the field force, conducts training presentations to the field, and acts as a liaison to the field in an effort to market the Bank's commercial loan products.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements; acts as the primary department contact for outside Loan Review,OCC examiners, and Internal/External auditors.
- Develops, refines, and executes department business plan within the Bank’s strategic plan.
- Prepares the annual operating budget for the department.
- Directs, manages, and hires the staff of the Bank's Commercial Lending Department.
- Performs performance review appraisals, recommends annual raises, promotions and bonus amounts. Develops actions plans for employees as needed.
- Overall responsibility for supervision and evaluation of exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Ensures there is proper communication and training for the staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; accounting or finance preferred
- 15+ years in commercial lending.
- 10+ years management experience.
- Experience in Professional and Executive, or Private Banking preferred, particularly lending to the dental/medical/and veterinary fields
- Experience dealing with Bank Examiners preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have extensive commercial lending background to include underwriting, credit analysis, collections, loan documentation, and loan operations to act on virtually all credit matters.
- Must be able to interact professionally with DLC, the full Board, the OCC, Field Leadership, and the Advisor force.
- Must have the ability to comply with internal policies and discernment with respect to making appropriate exceptions to policy to maximize production and customer service levels, while still adequately protecting the bank.
- Must maintain mental concentration with frequent interruptions and handle numerous projects simultaneously while keeping a level composure and reflecting a positive attitude to subordinate staff.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to handle difficult customer or Field issues in a professional manner.