To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA 02101
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Lab Services Associate
JLL • Boston, MA
Posted 16 days ago
Under the supervision of the Lab Services Management, responsible for overseeing departmental operations that support client's scientists and technicians in the performance of research. These operations include but are not limited to shipping and receiving operations, laboratory logistics and management, preparing equipment, safety inspections and reporting, vendor management, equipment and systems monitoring, inventory management, hazardous waste management, bulk chemical delivery and gas systems, and laboratory and office moves.
- Manages scientific staff's requirements and concerns pertaining to Laboratory Services and acts as primary contact to the research departments.
- Supervises shipping and receiving operations including distribution of materials to the facility end-users.
- Assists in the activities of the Laboratory Services personnel to ensure agreed-upon consumables are available during normal business hours with no stock outs and that laboratory chemicals are tracked from receipt to final disposition while on client's site.
- Ensures that there are no interruptions, disruptions, or losses arising from unscheduled downtime of client services. Systems operations and maintenance must be safe, reliable, and economical.
- Is a liaisons with outside vendors as well as other internal groups to facilitate quality, cost-effective procurement and delivery of research materials, equipment, and services.
- Initiates work orders for facilities and laboratories.
- Conducts periodic safety, environmental, and other required inspections/audits of departmental facilities.
- Ensures that appropriate documentation is submitted and takes prompt action to correct conditions found to be out of compliance or unsafe.
- Coordinates the disposition of various surplus Research supplies.
- Completes required comprehensive training in regard to corporate, site specific and departmental procedures. Assures that the necessary safety equipment and personal protective equipment is available and utilized.
- Assists in the facilitation of project coordination, move support, and internal work orders scheduling and completion per client specifications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma required, associates or bachelor's degree preferred
- 1 - 3 years in the pharmaceutical or chemical industry with 0 to 2 years supervisory experience in the scientific service field.
- Facilities maintenance experience
- Inventory management experience
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- IATA, DOT, and RCRA certification, preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to function effectively and independently in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills; strong emphasis on customer service
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite programs
About JLL JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. JLL is a Fortune 500 company with, as of December 31, 2015, revenue of $6.0 billion and fee revenue of $5.2 billion, more than 280 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the company provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. As of September 30, 2016, its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.7 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com. JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas. As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business. Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do. Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are: * A "best company to work for' in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong * World's Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years * America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine * #1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com. Information Security Statement Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm's corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm's information technology are expected to follow the firm's guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL's commitment to equal opportunity.