To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hoboken, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Security Analyst I
MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC • Hoboken, NJ
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position is for an established and productive professional individual contributor in Information Technology, who works independently with minimal supervision. Assists in designing Network Security perimeter architectures and relevant security controls. Reviews internal and external IT projects and applications for risk, and adherence to security policies and industry best practices. Participates on Internal Security project teams to deploy security technologies and to make recommendations for hardware/software products for future release.
- Assists with the creation and documentation of Secure Infrastructure Solutions and participate in project teams to include designing connectivity and Software Solutions Aligning Security, cost, performance, and customer requirements to reach viable secure solutions.
- Ensures data integrity in all technical solutions with regards to protecting the company and its customer’s intellectual property.
- Provides assistance in the engineering, documentation, and implementation of comprehensive information security solutions to include; process mapping, technical diagrams and schematics, standard operating procedures, and technical infrastructure documentation.
- Works with various Operating Companies to provide guidance on secure application hosting. Assesses applications and the associated data flow for risk to sensitive data, systems or infrastructure.
- Collaboratively documents security controls and application access requirements associated with hosted applications and systems.
- Assists in the development and maintaining of Product and Technology roadmaps for solutions such as Web Content Filtering, Intrusion Detection systems, and Infrastructure Firewalls.
- Researches industry best practices, maintain technical expertise, and apply security and disaster recovery principles to all projects and programs.
- Influences technical and strategic direction of the Information Security function as it relates to keeping information secure and available for all company constituents.
- Contributes to and helps shape the future strategic direction of Information Technology within the Marsh & McLennan operating companies.
- Participates in the Computer Incident Response Team as required by providing Tier III support as needed to mitigate security incidents.
- Responsible for End-to-End enterprise-wide Tier III troubleshooting of network, desktop, server (hardware & software) and application performance & connectivity across the global MMC wide area network as it relates to Information Security.
- 3 years University (Degree)
- 4-year college degree.
- Minimum 3 years of Advanced Network Security Architecture experience with large scale implementations spanning multiple business lines distributed globally.
- Strong background in Desktop Operating Systems; distributed server platforms and various network technologies to include devices such as firewalls, VPN, intrusion/extrusion detection, Vulnerability & Risk Assessment tools; Encryption Technologies, virus/worm prevention, E-business and web application technologies; application communication and security controls; two-factor authentication, common Windows (desktop & server) platforms, various UNIX platforms, TCP/IP, SNMP, CGI, HTML and miscellaneous security related toolsets are all required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Must be able to quickly and succinctly architect and create technical solution documentation.
- Must be a self-starter, work with limited supervision & be able to work well with others in a globally diverse IT environment.
- Strong familiarity with routing, switching, and bridging in both LAN & WAN environments.
- Strong familiarity with common web application technologies such as .NET, Java, TAM, SSL, load-balancing, etc.
- Must be familiar with common security controls on both Windows and Unix-based operating systems.
- Knowledge specifically on Cisco Security platforms, Sourcefire IDS, McAfee Security Suite, and BlueCoat a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of cryptography as it relates to application and network security is a must.
- Experience coding/scripting with common languages such as Java Script & Pearl preferred.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft AD and integration in to secure application hosting environments.
- CISSP certification required. Other Information Security oriented certifications a plus.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol\: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including\: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at\: http\://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at\: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.