To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Associate Project Manager
Newell Brands • Atlanta, GA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Associate Project Manager, VAVE will provide project management support in direct support of the VAVE initiatives. This person will identify, prioritize, coordinate and execute on projects from ideation sessions. He/She will work with cross functional teams to ensure project scope, alignment and financial expectations. He/She will create detailed work plans, analyze risk, investigate avoidance activities, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating corrective actions. Demonstrate a strong level of commitment towards delivering consistent results.Duties:
- Determine projects needed (qty and scope) to deliver yearly VAVE savings targets
- In coordination with the Project Team Lead, help create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with Director and Project Team Leads and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- Prepare project plan and obtain management approval of the project plan.
- Assure that all team members understand their roles and accept their responsibilities
- Analyze risk and instigate avoidance activities. Establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating corrective action.
- Track and report on progress to plan.
- Analyze the actual performance against the plan and make adjustments consistent with plan objectives.
- Keep all stakeholders informed of progress and issues.
- Involve functional expertise in design reviews and key decisions as well as risk strategies.
- Assure timely adaptive action is taken.
- Manage change to preserve business plan commitments. Initiate Phase Review if objectives must change.
- Negotiate the performance of activities with team members and their managers.
- Establish and publish clear priorities among project activities.
- Coordinate management and technical decisions.
- Ensure projects are moved through VAVE funnel on time and in full from idea to launch/execution
Position requires a self starting, highly motivated individual with strong planning and time management skills. Will work within a rapidly changing manufacturing climate of continuous improvement and constant product evolution.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent related experience, preferably in hardware or consumer goods manufacturing.
- Project Management experience for minimum of 2 years
- Demonstrated managing multimillion dollar projects and successful completion of projects over $1mm
- Strong knowledge of project management tools
- Project Management certification is a plus but not required
- Strong and persistent drive to deliver positive results.
- Experienced with Microsoft Project
- Consumer Products Industry Experience