To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fremont, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Audiovisual Estimation Specialist
Whitlock • Fremont, CA
Posted 13 days ago
Whitlock has a great opportunity for an experienced Estimator. The Estimator works with the sales and design teams to estimate labor and travel expenses for each pending customer opportunity to complete the project according to company and customer expectations. The position is responsible for identifying any construction, logistic, clarifications, scope and project risk elements that impact project pricing.
Whitlock is a video collaboration company that provides strategy, management, technologies and support to the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. We believe face-to-face collaboration creates stronger relationships and makes way for both business and personal success. This is our primary focus for our customers and the Whitlock family. Our goal is to build the best environment to enable and inspire great work and high performing teams, all motivated by our vision to be #1 by putting our customers first.
Our company promotes and rewards client-focused behavior, entrepreneurial thinking, teamwork, integrity and a passion for success.Required Skills
- Responsible for estimating the appropriate amount of job-related labor to deliver the project, regional and inter-branch.
- Solicits and manages quotes from sub-contractors, union and non-union, when needed and/or required.
- Responsible for estimating the appropriate amount of travel, freight and other non-equipment costs to deliver a project.
- Perform quantity takeoffs from drawings of cable and CC&H.
- Review RFP, project specifications to identify any special construction, logistic and project risk elements that will impact our project pricing.
- Prepare and document estimating notes to be stored on the Huddle.
- Identify and draft any applicable project/proposal clarifications.
- Update and maintain sub-contractor database.
- Develop labor standards for all categories to maintain estimating consistency.
- Review actual vs. estimates per project to identify variances and adjust accordingly.
- Participate in Lessons Learned reviews.
- Perform site visits if required.