To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West Jordan, UT 84088
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Plant Human Resources Manager
OSI GROUP • West Jordan, UT
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position is responsible for providing facility level leadership in all areas of Human Resources that affect employees at the assigned facility. Manages human resource policies and programs in the areas of employee relations, benefits, training, and safety for the West Jordan location. Act as an internal consultant to local management to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of Human Resources services to employees at the assigned facility. Provide management with guidance on decisions affecting day-to-day employee management issues as well as long-term strategies to achieve positive business outcomes.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze employment trends at the facility to identify areas of opportunity; develop recommendations for improvement and implement practices or processes as approved. Areas of opportunity may include, but are not limited to, labor hour management, workforce planning, workforce scheduling, job design, or training and development.
- Develop effective employee communication strategies to ensure that employees understand the company's policies, practices, benefits, and values.
- Respond to employee and manager requests for assistance on issues relating to policy interpretation, employee conflict, employment law, benefit administration, and other areas managed by the Human Resources function.
- Establish reliable and creative recruiting strategies and sources to provide quality candidates for all non-exempt positions; screen candidates, schedule interviews, and complete all other pre-employment requirements including the review of background check results in accordance with established company policy.
- Develop, administer, and maintain effective wage models for hourly non-bargaining positions to ensure that organization objectives around staffing and costs are achieved.
- Supervise Safety Specialist in the performance of safety management related activities such as plant inspections, new hire orientation, issuance of personal protective equipment (PPE), and ensure proper maintenance of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and workers compensation related documentation.
- Oversee the local administration of the annual enrollment process to ensure timely, effective, and efficient communication to employees and completion of enrollment elections.
- Manage or administer, as may be required, the accurate and timely recording of employee personal and employment data.
- Build and maintain successful working relationships with community organizations, HR professional associations, facility managers, employees, and corporate support functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Leadership, Industrial Psychology, or related field or equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities acquired through working.
- 7+ or more years of HR Generalist practice in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local employment law.
- Working knowledge of a broad range of Human Resources best practices.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing, with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to influence decision makers.
OSI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.