To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- Olympus Corporation of the Americas
- Phone: 484-896-5668
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Customer Service Consultant
Olympus Corporation of the Americas • Chicago, IL
Posted 13 days ago
Chicago, IL - The Associate Service Consultant will support the majority of customer contact functions for the repair process, including repair approval, data entry, report generation, trade in opportunities, and telephone support. The incumbent will work with a high level of customer focus and interaction, and requires that all responsibilities be completed with a necessary sense of urgency in order to meet our Quality, Cost and Delivery goals. He/She will work proactively with internal and external customers to maximize the customer s investment in Olympus equipment. Following the successful completion of technical, product and process training, and under the guidance of a seasoned Senior Service Consultant, the incumbent will serve as the liaison between Olympus and our customers for repairs performed at Olympus Service Centers. To ensure the highest quality of customer service, he/she requires a high level of interaction with customers as well as with employees of OMES, OAI, and OSIA. EOE M/F/D/V
* Prioritize and manage work to consistently meet exceed production and customer satisfaction metrics.
* Meet turnaround time for Service Agreement scopes.
* Manage the daily Work in Progress (WIP) using Datasweep and Business Objects reports to ensure the timely delivery of repaired endoscopes electronic units; and identify and resolve service orders that are delayed in process.
* Ensure that the User Request for each service order is addressed.
* Review all supporting documents that accompany each scope electronic unit during the repair process.
* Make outbound calls to the customer if more information about their request is required.
* Review the Service Order and consult with other Service Consultants, Lead or Senior Technicians, Supervisor, or Regional Service Manager to ensure accurate communications and repair options are conveyed to the customer.
* Monitor Waiting Approval service orders on a daily basis; work with customers to obtain and process repair approvals.
* Provide repair costs (fax Quality Inspection Results if required) and other technical information to support the approval process.
* Clearly and succinctly describe the repair recommendations and options.
* Provide detailed notes to include all conversations and actions taken with customers and or Service Centers.
* Update the service order and, notify the appropriate personnel to launch the repair after receiving approval.
* Act in accordance with the customer s request, including the return of an instrument that is not repaired, if necessary.
* Obtain RMA for electronics, if applicable, consistently follow up on the status to obtain the repair estimate cost; and obtain purchase order.
* Support required processes for the Discrepant Materials Notices (DMNs) and Quality System.
* Communicate with Olympus service personnel in a thorough and professional manner to complete investigation and resolution. Investigate and resolve invalids: scopes with instrument histories that have incorrect model serial numbers and instrument ownership.
* Investigate and resolve service contract issues.
* Communicate with appropriate Olympus personnel and customers to verify system is updated with correct information.
* Investigate and process approved credits and rebills.
* Identify appropriate trade in opportunities and communicate with the Sales Rep according to policy.
* Provide backup to other Olympus facilities as part of Disaster Recovery.
* Escalate customer service issues to Supervisor, Regional Service Manager, and appropriate Sales Rep.
* Make appropriate judgment with regard to service courtesy discounts ($100 maximum).
* Minimize discounting by providing excellent customer communications and service.
* Support Service Marketing with regard to the Quality campaign, service contract sales, and other efforts to return customers to Olympus.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager (including, in Field Service Centers, shipping and receiving tasks).
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
* HS Diploma or equivalent is required.
* Minimum of two years experience in customer technical service, or related field is required.
* Two year degree or equivalent knowledge in technical electronic field is preferred.
* Desire to learn and ability to understand complex medical device products is essential.
* Ability to use computers and corporate business software is necessary.
* Ability to learn additional applications as required to support the business is desired.
* Strong organization, prioritization, and investigation skills are preferred.
* Ability to multi-task in a challenging environment is a must.
* Ability to exercise proper judgment; work in a positive, professional, and cooperative manner is essential.
* Must be self motivated and committed to providing excellent customer service, both as part of a team and individually.
* Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills for listening, understanding, problem solving and taking appropriate action.
• Minimum of two years experience in customer technical service, or related field is required.
• Two year degree or equivalent knowledge in technical electronic field is preferred.