To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Associate (overnight)
Apex Life Sciences • San Francisco, CA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic individuals to join our Operations Team in South San Francisco. The Manufacturing Associate will perform basic molecular biology workflows in a highly automated, high-throughput manner and will be responsible for the manufacture and analysis of a variety of custom gene products across proprietary process workflow to meet the production forecast and timelines.
The ideal candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to keep manufacturing on track in a fast paced start-up environment. The Manufacturing Associate will be responsible for the production of custom gene based products and/or various intermediates according to established SOPs and complete manufacturing batch records to contribute to the daily production schedule.
include but are not limited to
- Manufacture of high quality custom gene products in a high throughput MFG lab according to established SOPs.
- Operation of robotic laboratory equipment (Hamiltons and similar systems) and traditional lab equipment (bioanalyzers, centrifuges, sealers, thermocyclers, spectrometers, HPLCs, Next Gen Sequencing etc.)
- Knowledge and use of traditional molecular biology processes and techniques
- Preparation of reagents and sub assemblies for MFG processes
- Maintaining thorough, accurate and detailed documentation of all work produced in batch records, databases or other acceptable formats including problems and deviations
- Updating and writing work instructions and documentation
- Ability to work independently and in a safe manner
- Attention to details for process consistency
- Documentation, troubleshooting and addressing process deviations
- Packaging products
- Ability to work in an ISO, GMP, LEAN MFG environment and follow the lean manufacturing concepts
- Daily completion of assigned tasks to keep MFG on track
- Bachelors/ Associates degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field and minimum of one year relevant laboratory experience: In lieu of degree,,will consider candidates with 4+ years of relevant laboratory experience
- Familiarity or prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good written and verbal skills
- Attention to detail
- Quick learner
- Good computer skills including experience with Excel and Word, Jira or similar web-based programs
- Team based laboratory environment.
- Working in controlled laboratory environment
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours/ work a flexible shift as needed
SHIFT 2A: Sun-Wed/Sun-Tu 7PM-730 am shift 12h day/ 3d /4d alt work week with 1 weekend day. The incumbent will be required to work this night shift; the incumbent will start on day shift until training is complete before transitioning to night shift. Those who prefer day shifts should not apply.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.