To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Huntsville, AL
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Federal Financial Analyst
Deloitte • Huntsville, AL
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you interested in building your career in an evolving and exciting business environment? Consider a career within our US federal government consulting practice. Work side by side supporting our US Federal Government clients such as Missile Defense Agency, NASA, Army Space and Missile Command or other Federal Agencies in the Huntsville area. A minimum DOD Secret clearance is required to apply. Join us, and play a key role in helping to design our clients’ roadmap to the future!
Work you’ll do
As a basic federal financial analyst supporting Deloitte’s federal government practice you will assist with budget formulation and execution tasks in support of complex weapon systems such as:
- Develop business case analyses (BCAs), evaluate resource requirements for a set of complex weapon systems programs while maintaining the Program Resource Internet Database Environment (PRIDE) or other program/budget systems, support the development of cost and budget estimates for complex programs.
- Track OSD adjustments in Program Decision Memorandums or Program Budget Decisions and support appeal actions, when required, evaluate impacts on programs based on external direction and funding adjustments, and manage and maintain the financial position as well as maintaining both budget execution information in DAI and program/budget information in PRIDE.
- Prepare phasing plans, prepare and execute funding documents, and track progress through financial systems. Support headquarters Comptroller organization and program offices with resource analyses of various funding alternative regarding the impact on cost, schedule, contracting, technical, test, and operational elements of the program.
- Support audit readiness activities as well as tri-annual reviews. Support contract closeout activities and processing reconciliations. Assist with reprogramming actions, including below threshold and above threshold actions.
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte’s Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
- Active DOD Secret Clearance (at a minimum) is required
- Associates or Bachelors in related field
- Experience of following established procedures and solving routine problems.
- DoD, such as Missile Defense Agency (MDA), experience (strongly preferred)
- Professional services or federal consulting experience
- Experience working with Defense Agencies Initiative (DAI) system, PRIDE, or equivalent Federal Government programming, budgeting, or accounting systems
- Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM) or Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) certification
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, and disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.