To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Leonia, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Suez • Leonia, NJ
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are at the dawn of the resource revolution. In a world facing high demographic growth, runaway urbanization and the shortage of natural resources, securing, optimizing and renewing resources is essential to our future. SUEZ (Paris: SEV, Brussels: SEVB) supplies drinking water to 92 million people, delivers wastewater treatment services to 65 million, collects waste produced by 34 million, recovers 16.3 million tons of waste each year and produces 5,853 GWh of local and renewable energy. With 82,500 employees, SUEZ, which is present on all five continents, is a key player in the sustainable management of resources. SUEZ generated total revenues of €15.1 billion in 2015.
The EIC Engineer has primary responsibility for project execution, engineering and design calculations, equipment application and selection, engineering specification development, engineering documentation and the uniform application of engineering and design standards.
- Review and apply project specifications to select suitable Electrical and I&C equipment to accomplish project objectives on diverse water/wastewater treatment processes
- Engineer and design proprietary Electrical and I&C equipment according to internal, and published standards
- Produce P&ID’s, panel layouts, schematic wiring diagrams, instrument lists, single line diagrams, engineering submittals, and other project deliverables in accordance with established procedures, schedule, and budget
- Create specifications on equipment, fabrication, inspection, installation, and operations
- Interact and coordinate project activities with colleagues in various disciplines and functions
- Review drawings to ensure accuracy and quality
- Provide guidance and support to designers, and junior engineers
- Conduct feasibility study in design variations to optimize engineering efficiency
- Update and upgrade standards and procedures as necessary
- Primary technical author on controls section of Operation and Maintenance manuals
- Prepare control system estimates and descriptions for use by Marketing in proposal preparation
- Support Marketing during Engineer/Client evaluation of proposals
- Inspect control system, at vendor facilities, for workmanship, wire continuity and PLC & HMI programming veracity with equipment and process requirements
- All other duties as assigned #cb
- Strong understanding of MS Office applications
- AutoCAD skills, Bentley Promis-e and/or AutoPLANT PID knowledge, HMI programming using Allen-Bradley RSView and/or Invensys Wonderware
- Working knowledge of NEC, ISA, UL, NFPA, OSHA and other Codes and Standards is required
- Overall work experience should exhibit competent technical understanding in electrical designs, I&C system designs, process controls, and instrument applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Technology is required.
- Three years in engineering and process design related experience, expertise in water/wastewater treatment equipment is preferred
- Professional Engineer Certification should be achieved within 2 years of hire