To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA 02101
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Eurofins/Lancaster • Boston, MA
Posted 30 days ago
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Science
Eurofins is the world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing. It is also number one in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $2 billion in annual revenues and 25,000 employees across 250 sites in 39 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories PSS is searching for an Analytical Chemist in Boston, MA.
Analytical Chemist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
• Support spray dry formulations including completion of necessary release and paperwork to support batch
• Perform routine performance checks on instruments that are being used for project support (e.g. HPLC, XRPD, moisture sorption, DSC, TGA)
• Preparation of common vehicles for formulation preparation to support in vivo studies
• Preparation of key reagents for analytical assays (e.g. mobile phase for HPLC)
• Weighing and labelling of samples prior to shipping for studies at other sites
• Solubility measurement in buffers, bio-relevant medium & organic solvents (HPLC, UV-Vis)
• Vehicle Screening (e.g. solubility / stability) for SubQ, IV and PO formulation development
• (HPLC, UV-Vis, XRPD)
• Preparation of (previously developed) formulations for animal studies including processing support for spray drying of amorphous dispersions or other preparation techniques as required
• Forced degradation studies of drug substance (HPLC)
• Preliminary physicochemical characterization of compounds / formulations including (HPLC,
• XRPD, TGA, DSC)
• Formulation analytical testing e.g. release and chemical / physical stability studies (HPLC, XRPD)
• Powder blending and filter analysis for inhaled programs (HPLC)
• Particle size measurements of drug substance and formulations
• Provide support in the maintenance of the laboratory working environment including
o Cleanliness of common laboratory area
o Management of waste for collection
o Coordination of laboratory supplies (reagents / consumables)
The ideal candidate would possess :
• Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
• Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
• At least 1 year related laboratory experience with biochemical, immunological, or related
• General laboratory skills, experience with pipettes, plate washers, plate readers, electrophoresis
• equipment, automated instrumentation
• Experience using formulas and linking spreadsheets in Excel
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
• Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
• Minimum of 1 year laboratory experience
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Boston, MA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Job ID: 24894886
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.