To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX 75203
- Bartech Resumes
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Bartech Group • Dallas, TX
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
If you are an experienced Maintenance Mechanic looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some of the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Maintenance Mechanic. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties as a Maintenance Mechanic will include:
- Work independently and with other plant personnel to perform preventative, corrective and routine maintenance tasks.
- They will troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production and facilities equipment, and ensure maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness.
- All tasks will be performed while supporting the safety policies, goals and objectives of the company.
- Other duties may be assigned. Repair, maintain, and perform preventative maintenance on plant machinery and equipment such as balers, conveyors, screens, compressors, and rolling stock.
- Perform work order repairs, inspections and adjustments, with appropriate documentation. Properly use welders, drill press, grinder, hand tools and other metal working equipment.
- Fabrication and modification of new and existing equipment. Must have effective communication skills to support the ordering of equipment parts, repair, and maintenance.
- Participates in plant safety, health and environmental programs. Insures safety is the priority in all maintenance and operational activities. Other. Education and Pertinent/Proven Experience.
As a Maintenance Mechanic you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have at least 3 years’ experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical and basic electrical repair. Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings.
- Ability to write detailed repair reports as well as good verbal communication. Ability to successfully complete NFPA70E certification.
- Post-secondary education and/or a technical trade certificate are an asset. Experience in the operation of a reclamation plant is an asset.
- Schedule: Must be willing to work a changing shift schedule, on a rotating weekend, and on call. Computer Skills: Expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, and the ability to learn how to effectively use maintenance software to input data and research required as well as alternative parts and suppliers.
- Also to document the inventory, use, ordering and replacement of equipment spare parts. Physical
- Requirements: Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at elevations up to 30 feet. Working Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is regularly exposed to dusty conditions, confined spaces, high noise environments, and outside weather in all conditions.
- Reading and interpreting mechanical blueprints, drawings and sketches
Threading and fitting piping
- Welding stainless steel, flat sheet, pipe, and brazing
- Burning, heating and cutting, both stainless and mild steel
- Working knowledge of pumps and gear boxes
- Repairing and troubleshooting all pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- In maintenance and lubrication of all major pieces of industrial equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Leveling and aligning all equipment (both mechanical and electrical motors)
- Military training and or Technical School preferred
As a Maintenance Mechanic with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 39 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Maintenance Mechanic position include (but are not limited to:
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
- Paid time off, including holidays
Make the most of your experience!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.
Keywords: Maintenance Mechanic, Hydraulics