To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Phlebotomist (FT, 30 Hours, M-Th, Sat)
Bio Reference Laboratories, Inc • New York, NY
Posted 5 days ago
We are looking for a Phlebotomist (30 hours per week) in our Staten Island, NY location.
Schedule: Monday and Tuesday 12:30pm-8pm, Wednesday 2pm-8pm, Thursday 8am-2pm, Saturday 8am-12pm.
**Salary is dependent upon experience**
The Phlebotomist aims to serve patients by preparing specimens for laboratories testing and performing screening standards. The Phlebotomist shall draw quality blood samples while creating an atmosphere of trust and confidence.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Experience doing blood draws, labeling specimens, centrifuging specimens, recording maintenance data and decontamination, updating patient information, etc.
- Greet customers appropriately. Treat all customers in a courteous manner.
- Collects specimens according to established procedures. Properly explains in a clear but courteous manner the process of the venipuncture (blood drawing) and or other specimen collection (ex. urine or fecal) as required. Reduces patient anxiety by providing a calm environment for patients before, during and after the collection process.
- Demonstrate technique/s using straight needles and/or butterfly needles.
- Fully understand all of the physicians' orders.
- Matches laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes. Label, centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as required by test order.
- Check all test requisitions or computer label against script to ensure 100% correct.
- Package specimens for transport
- Stores specimen sample according to required temperature, places samples in appropriate collection container/ tube, accurately labels, follows different procedures as outlined by specific to protocol deemed necessary for transport to maintain integrity of the specimen.
- Demonstrates proficiency of proper collection methods and proper processing of all specimens
- Understand and comply with OSHA and DEP regulations.
- Attend annual department trainings
- Answer telephone calls, read laboratory results to satisfy inquiries.
Minimum Qualifications (required vs. preferred):
- Phlebotomy certification.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Phlebotomy certification
- 2 years previous experience with venipunctures.
- Excellent customer service skills covering phones and with patient interaction.
- Computer literate
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled