To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tysons, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Analyst Deposit Products
Pentagon Federal Credit Union • Tysons, VA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Senior Analyst Deposit Products
PenFed is hiring a Senior Analyst Deposit Products in our McLean, Virginia office. The purpose of this job is to manage data analytics and provide business intelligence support to the Retail Deposits strategy. Interpret data to provide pro-active insights to senior leaders on strategic issues such as pricing strategy, new product development, product usage, and cross-sell penetration. This position will work closely with Director of Deposit Products to develop actionable recommendations and next steps. The ideal candidate will be passionate about data analytics and understanding business goals, is excited to roll- up their sleeves and get hands-on with the data to deliver strategic insights that lead to actionable recommendations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Identify, collect and analyze data using the credit union’s data warehouse as well as external sources to understand new account growth, retention, balance growth, fraud risk and other aspects of account behavior.
- Proactively develop analytical frameworks and approaches to gain greater business insight to drive retail deposit growth. Interpret analytic findings, formulate recommendations, and effectively present findings and strategies to share with key decision makers
- Responsible for the creation and fine tuning of performance metrics that may impact the deposit portfolio.
- Work across functions including Operations, Finance, Payments, Fraud, IT and other internal and external business teams to identify data sources, develop analysis, and formulate recommendations.
- Responsible for data visualization of analysis and research including but not limited to presentations, reports and dashboards depicting historic trends and comparison of actual vs. plan.
- Work within internal systems and partner with data engineers to achieve high standards of data integrity, ensuring supporting metrics are accurate and complete.
- Identify internal business challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve for them using analysis to make strategic or tactical recommendations.
- Manage multiple complex projects, with shifting priories that require the ability to work with ambiguous issues and see relationships between them.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative subject such as Economics, Finance, Mathematics or Statistics and minimum of two (2) years’ experience, five (5) years’ experience preferred, of analytical/BI experience.
- Fluency in SQL for querying data and for data manipulation/transformation
- Experience with Tableau
- Microsoft Excel Expert
- Curiosity, attention to details, strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations, ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of SAS, R, and/or VBA
- Experience in advanced analytics and predictive modeling
- Superior communication and the ability to influence and reason effectively with business and technical partners.
- Financial services experience.
- This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise .
Limited travel to various worksites is required.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.