To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Waltham, MA
- Olympus Corporation of the Americas
- Phone: 484-896-5668
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Product Manager, Handheld XRF
Olympus Corporation of the Americas • Waltham, MA
Posted 7 days ago
Waltham, MA - The Product Manager, Handheld XRF, is the subject matter expert for their product line and serves as a liaison between external stakeholders (customers, Sales - Business Center or S-BC staff), internal stakeholders, and the product development team. He/she will work closely with Research and Development to help continue the development of the Handheld XRF product line as a growth leader within the Analytical Instruments portfolio. The successful candidate will also work closely with the sales & marketing and business development departments to support and grow the existing products while building a clear understanding of the commercial and technical requirements necessary to develop new products and features to serve existing and new applications/markets. EOE M/F/D/V
* Develop expertise in the Handheld XRF product portfolio of Olympus and its competitors.
* Gather feedback from a variety of sources; developing requirements and driving implementation of requests through the product lifecycle.
* Train sales force, sales technical staff, and distributors in product positioning and promotion of our products.
* Supports lead generation activities with content, writes promotional copy, approves promotional material, evaluates win-loss analysis, evaluates market trends, monitors and communicates competitor activity.
* Work with management team to prioritize software and hardware improvements based on market and customer need.
* Work closely with Engineering to ensure that features required for new market penetration are implemented in product line.
* Define customers' requirements and follow through with internal personnel to make sure we have met customers' analytical needs.
* Ensure that the right structures and documentation are in place to allow the product to be properly commercialized.
* Provide technical assistance with analytical/calibration and troubleshooting issues to all parties involved.
* Perform other relevant job duties and projects.
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
* Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Physics, or other applicable technical discipline is required.
* Minimum of 2 years hands-on experience with XRF or relevant spectroscopy applications and instrumentation is required.
* Previous Product Management experience is desirable, but not essential.
* Experience selling and/or managing Analytical Instruments or XRF equipment is a plus.
* Planning and strong leadership skills are essential.
* Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
* Computer knowledge of Word, Excel, and Power Point.
* Must be energetic, independent and personable.