To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hood River, OR 97031
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Part-Time Sales Representative - Hood River, OR
Mondelez International-Sales • Hood River, OR
Posted 12 days ago
Even if you’re not familiar with our name, you’ve almost certainly heard of our billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo. Developing the world’s favorite snacks, we’re passionate about creating delicious moments of joy for people all around the world. Working at Mondelēz International is all about the power of big - and small.
Why big? Because we’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum. We’re ranked #1 in chocolate, biscuits and candy, and #2 in gum. What’s more, we employ over 100,000 people worldwide and market products in around 165 countries.
Why small? We go out of our way to hear everyone’s point of view, and develop local roots wherever we go. It’s this combination of big and small that drives everything we do.
The role of the Part-Time Sales Representative (SR) is designed to build a world class Direct Store Delivery (DSD) business at the retail level. Through selling, planning and distribution, as well as supporting and completing incidental activities such as merchandising, shelving and pricing, the Part-Time Sales Representative acts a sales expert to retail stores. The Part-Time SR exploits selling opportunities at the retail level, consistent with company programs and strategies to positively influence the sale of Nabisco products.
The Part-Time Sales Representative will have routed stores with assigned store call frequencies that will vary based upon Customer selling influence, as well as selling and merchandising responsibilities at their routed stores.
The Part-Time Sales Representative with regular routed stores generally calls on 1 to 4 stores (possibly more depending on geography and size of territory) where selling occurs at store level. Selling and merchandising responsibilities are effectively prioritized and managed on the route, and with some reliance on merchandisers to effectively provide merchandising support at store level.
The successful candidate will be able to sell business-building, in-store merchandising programs to key store personnel by using consumer and trade information that addresses the customer's needs.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be able to develop and maintain a complete knowledge of Nabisco products, sales systems, and procedures, including:
- Sales objectives, campaigns and promotions, sales brochures and order guides, sales presentations, sources of product and distribution, maintaining schematics and uses, and proper merchandising.
- Perform in-store planning by tailoring programs and fact-based sales presentations to the customer's needs, store demographics, and the current consumer base in order to drive Mondelēz International and customer growth.
- Develop strong business relationships with store management to provide service and value beyond the customer's expectations.
- Work with customer to ensure sufficient product is ordered to support consumer take away, including from incremental racks and displays, for DSD.
- Communicate plans and effectively manage merchandising resources to build sales volume at store level. Work in conjunction with the Merchandiser to ensure inventory is fully stocked, rotated and presentable at all times.
- Monitor and report on competitive activity and document all pricing activities.
Mondelēz International is an employer of inclusion who partners with diversity groups which cater to people of all ethnicities, genders, ages and sexual orientations. Mondelēz International also works with military veterans to help hire our heroes who have served our nation, as well as partner with disability networks to include people of all abilities to help the company succeed for years to come.
Benefits and Compensation:
This position offers a comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefit package, in addition to paid vacation, holidays, 401(k) match and Employee Assistance Program benefits. Along with a competitive compensation package, the Part-Time Sales Representative is also eligible to participate in an incentive program based on territory results.
- Utilization of innovation and creativity in generating new and unique ideas and solutions that capitalize on opportunities to benefit customers and Mondelēz International.
- Ability to form customer partnerships that exceed expectations and help customers identify and execute the appropriate strategies for their business success.
- Ability to use sales and order management systems and technologies to ensure exceptional customer service.
- Ability to work independently.
- Flexibility with the ability to change schedule on a daily basis to meet the demands of the business.
- Demonstration of strong and effective communication skills.
- Ability to identify and solve problems with minimal guidance to minimize disruptions to the business.
- Ability to perform hard work in a fast-pace work environment and meet the defined physical activities (frequent lifting, bending, and carrying up to 25 lbs., occasionally over 50 lbs., pushing, pulling, etc.) while adhering to set safety expectations and processes.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Internet and Cellular/Wireless devices.
- You must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver's license, proof of auto insurance, and have access to the internet with a personal email account.
- High School Diploma or GED required; College degree highly preferred.
- A flexible work schedule is required, including being available to work weekends and holidays.
- Previous grocery, retail, sales, and/or customer service experience a plus.
- Must be open to performing Merchandiser responsibilities, as needed.
- Successful completion of drug test, MVR check, and general background check.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5640 for assistance.