To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY 10001
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Business Consultant - NYC (5 Boro's)
First Data • New York, NY
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year. First Data is committed to staying at the forefront of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global commerce.
First Data Global Business Solutions (GBS) provides our millions of business clients around the world, large and small, with a broad range of commerce-enabling solutions to help them more effectively manage, market and grow their businesses. GBS solutions include acquiring, eCommerce, mobile commerce, marketing, analytics, and next-generation commerce innovations, including mobile payment services, webstore-in-a-box solutions and Clover, our cloud-based point-of-sale operating system that includes a marketplace for proprietary and third-party business apps.
Business Consultant Job Description – Outside Sales
A recognized leader in helping small and medium sized (SMB) businesses grow through state of the art solutions is seeking energetic, tech-savvy, results driven sellers for a field-based Business Consultant position on their short cycle merchant services sales team. This position will provide the opportunity to meet client needs by selling the full suite of First Data solutions to merchants including: point of sale solution (Clover), loyalty solution (Perka), Data Analytics (Insightics), Security & Compliance (TransArmor), EMV compatibility, credit, debit, and various cloud-based business solution applications. First Data utilizes a solution-based, consultative selling approach designed to help Clients grow their businesses.
Successful Business Consultants will be adept at generating their own leads in this business to business environment (B2B), which may be complemented by referrals obtained from working relationships you build and develop along with those First Data has with over 1,400 nationwide bank partnerships and other referral sources, both large and small. The position will also be responsible for retaining clients by building relationships and growing portfolios through relationship management and cross consulting.
This position offers a tiered compensation structure which includes:
- Competitive base salary
- Multi-year residuals
- New Hire commission floor
- Annual achievement bonuses
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K, etc.
- Recognition awards and expense reimbursement
As a member of our Regional Sales force, you will always represent the First Data values of embodying the highest ethical standards and treating others with dignity, respect, and genuine concern.
- Prior experience in a quota driven self-sourcing sales environment for small to medium size clients.
- Demonstrated success in achievement of aggressive sales goals.
- Technologically savvy; comfortable with tablet and cloud-based solutions and able to apply technology to help grow small businesses.
- Strong cold-calling skills and ability to self-source leads.
- Hunter expertise with drive to identify and close on opportunities.
- Solution selling experience preferred in a B2B and SMB environment, as well as financial/merchant services
- Ability to develop a plan to effectively build pipeline and generate top line revenue growth.
- Proven track record of commitment and dedication to achieving results.
- Highly self-motivated, personable, aggressive, energetic, and creative.
- Professional presence required and ability to effectively interface with executives.
- Ability to listen to clients, understand their needs and determine how we can help them achieve their goals.
- Experience and demonstrated capability to build new relationships with clients based on trust.
- Ability to create strong relationships with branch personnel and train referral sources to help cultivate strong leads.
- Experience and proven success in selling Business to Business and Business to Consumer preferred.
- Understanding of banking products and financial institution culture.
- Experience leveraging network and prospecting using social media, service organizations, cold calling, and other sales skills to help achieve revenue goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using Salesforce.com and proficiency in Microsoft Office are preferred.
First Data is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer(Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)