To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Seattle, WA
- Seattle PB
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Manager
MV Transportation • Seattle, WA
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
MV Transportation is seeking an Information Technology Manager. This individual shall be a self-starter, highly motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment. The Information Technology Manager is responsible for handling various technology issues related to a transit environment and also supporting corporate infrastructure.
- Responsible for providing Trapeze software direction, desktop, server and network support for client operations according to Service Level Agreements (SLA). This includes, but not limited to, desktop and server repair, network maintenance, helpdesk tickets, disaster recovery and other projects as assigned.
- Support of analog telephone, T-1, fax and DSL lines.
- Responsible for supporting local technologies related to transit operations, such as; Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) and Trapeze reservation software platform.
- Manage servers at local division; domain controller, file, application and database (MS SQL SVR).
- Meet and interact with city agencies providing reports and updates for local divisional office.
- Close interaction with the client's IT department.
- Managing complex IT projects, IT employees and outside vendors.
- Developing strategic operations and investment plans that weight costs, benefits, opportunities and risks of various IT investment approaches.
- Controlling and minimize costs.
- Ensuring suitable documentation exists and is maintained for IT operations and software development.
- Highly proficient with Trapeze transit software is a MUST.
- Proficiency with Active Directory, relational databases (MS SQL Server preferable) and networking.
- Proficient with the company's major IT systems, services and technology frameworks (e.g. cloud computing, server virtualization, application delivery controller, etc.).
- Thorough understanding of computer, server, network, printer and peripheral hardware.
- Experience supporting Windows XP, 7, Server 2000, 2003, 2008 and Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication and decision making skills.
- Experience with desktop, server and network management tools.
- Experience with Cisco switches and routers.
- Familiar with backup and disaster recovery.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.