To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Phoenix, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Pharmacy Consultant - State Government
MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC • Phoenix, AZ
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Mercer Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) specializes in assisting government-sponsored programs in becoming more efficient purchasers of health and welfare services. Mercer GHSC brings a team of consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, and accountants to a project to assure a coordinated approach to the administrative, operational, actuarial, and financial components of public-sponsored health and welfare programs.
The Senior Government Pharmacy Consultant will lead the accurate and timely data and financial analysis on large and complex state managed health and welfare capitation projects. A significant part of this role is also to be a key leader or contributor for projects. Additional responsibilities include new and expanded business development, management and mentorship of junior staff and intellectual capital development. Level of support depends on the size of client as well as complexity and revenue of the account. At this level the senior consultant may work in conjunction with the senior client leader or on own as the owner of large client projects.
To fulfill this role, the Senior Government Pharmacy Consultant will\:
- Work with the Senior Client Manager to manage the client, project, budget, resources, timelines, scope and expectations
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with the key members of the client team; individually or in conjunction with the Senior Client Manager, presents on project results to clients, carriers, managed care entities and other related entities
- Responsible for the day to day project management of the Government division’s projects related to government sponsored health and welfare programs.
- Work with the Senior Client Manager to initiate the project after a project is sold to the client. This includes meeting with the client and clearly defining the scope, timelines and deliverable of the project. Also develops and proposes essential project documents, including the budget and work plans.
- Manage multiple project sub teams, ensuring the team is within budget, on time and producing work consistent with the scope of work and ensuring communication with client, project team and senior client leader.
- Identify and secure resources, ensuring work is leveraged to the right skill and career level, and providing team members opportunity to develop skills and expertise; coordinate tasks with specialists on the project team, keeping the client leader informed on the project, ensuring regular team meetings and maintaining project documents; may produce documents stating project results, including reports, charts, analyses, etc.
- Project manage tasks on large client deliverables in which a peer in the lead project manager; work with peers who are specialists to coordinate the specialist’s contribution to the project.
- Manage data and financial analytical work on large and complex state managed health and welfare capitation projects. These capitation projects are commissioned by government entities to determine the rates that they will pay for health and welfare services covered by their plans.
- Work with the client to define the scope of the project; serve as expert on rate structure and methodology; ensure the project is consistent with federal regulations and actuarial standards; determine the appropriate data sources for the specific project’s data analysis.
- Manage data and financial analytical work and provide guidance in developing the data model for the project.
- Develop the rate setting assumptions that are built into the data model and informs client and project team on impact of data assumptions; oversee data analysis that is conducted by junior staff members. Provide on-going review and guidance during the data analysis process; review data analysis results for soundness; present client with sub analyses throughout project cycle
- Collaborate with client team and project team to finalize rates; educate and consult with client on the impact of their policies on the data and rates
- Draft project communications, including rate capitation letters; act as actuarial authority that signs and certifies rate capitation letters
- Present results and analysis to clients and key stakeholders; during presentations, answers detailed and challenging questions regarding the data
- Be actively involved in the selling process with the senior client leader; drive the request for proposal (RFP) process; develop project approach and budgets; work with internal marketing team; write up RFP response
- Identify opportunities for expanded revenue with existing clients; utilize knowledge of client’s challenges and of the diverse expertise within Mercer Government to identify sales opportunities.
- Keep self current on Health Policy environment; consider the implication of policy, law, political, etc. changes impact client and client’s programs
- Develop intellectual capital; lead or participate in the development of tools or processes that can be leveraged for multiple clients
- Directly supervise junior staff members and frequently provide supervisory feedback, training and mentoring to junior staff that have a project reporting relationship with them. As a supervisor, they have full authority for the following people management responsibilities\: assigning, directing, and evaluating work; conducting performance evaluations, progressive counseling and career development discussions; ensuring appropriate orientation and on-going education/training
- Provide critical input to the following people management responsibilities\: hiring and firing employees; promotion, salary and bonus actions
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience required
- Managed Medicaid or State Medicaid experience preferred
- Managed care and/or health plan knowledge
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills; strong command of Excel
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Strong critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Licensed pharmacist - PharmD degree
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol\: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at\: http\://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at\: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.