To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Assistant Manager , Trade Analytics
Newell Brands • Atlanta, GA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate®, Sharpie®, Dymo®, EXPO®, Parker®, Elmer’s®, Coleman®, Jostens®, Marmot®, Rawlings®, Irwin®, Lenox®, Oster®, Sunbeam®, FoodSaver®, Mr. Coffee®, Rubbermaid Commercial Products®, Graco®, Baby Jogger®, NUK®, Calphalon®, Rubbermaid®, Contigo®, First Alert®, Waddington and Yankee Candle®. Driven by a sharp focus on the consumer, leading investment in innovation and brands, and a performance-driven culture, Newell Brands helps consumers achieve more where they live, learn, work and play.
This is a job summary which includes essential job duties of this position. More specific information regarding duties may be provided upon request.
The Trade Analytics Assistant Manager will work closely with the Manager Trade Analytics and cross functional teams in the development of category leadership stories focusing on driving overall category growth. Leveraging syndicated data, shopper and consumer insights, category and industry trends, TAM will develop comprehensive category strategies focused around shopper centricity, enabling greater sell-thru and market share gains. This information will be leveraged among the business unit, Sales and the Customer Category Management teams to ensure cohesive messaging and execution. This position works as a strategic thought leader, imparting knowledge of the category to drive profitable business results. Duties and responsibilities include the following:
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Extensive Category Understanding
- Act as subject matter expert in assigned category and provide thought leadership to internal constituents as well as external customers
- •Serve as the expert on the use of syndicated and household panel data to assist Sales and Trade Managers in the development of strategies and tactics
- Participate in select Customer meetings as the credible Category expert
- Identify and disseminate Category Management best practices
Reporting and Data Analytics
- Provide input into category definition and product hierarchy and ensure consistency across data providers
- Understand category purchase drivers, trip missions, shopper need states, etc. and liaise with Customer Development and Category Management on executional strategies
- Provide strategic category direction based on syndicated and HH panel data
- Provide insight and perspective of the various channel dynamics on assigned categories
- Monitor channel shifting and the associated trends reflected in the marketplace
- Form perspective on multi-channel purchasing behaviors (e.g. site to store, store to site, etc.)
- Understand how online purchase behaviors differ from those in-store and how we can capitalize on those differences
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data (e.g. Shopper Research, POS, loyalty card information, registry, etc.) into actionable insights
- Use knowledge of shopper and consumer to recommend optimal category assortments, flows, adjacencies, cross merch opportunities, etc.
- Build in-store category innovation into all category leadership discussions (e.g. aisle reinvention, store of the future, disruptive merchandising strategies, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Manage flow of information and requests from Sr. Management, CDO, business segments, etc.
- Ability to prioritize and resource projects effectively
- Ability to build strong sustainable business relationships at all levels and functions of the organization and with customers and customer teams
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Direct and perform analysis across a wide variety of category business issues and make fact based recommendations
- Must be able to link business objectives with winning growth strategies
- Convey complex issues brilliantly with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree (emphasis in business/marketing or related field), advanced degree preferred
- 1 + years of experience working with a leading CPG company (Category Management, Shopper Insights, Sales or related position)
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of Category Management philosophies, tools and processes and proven record of success. Category Management Association certification a plus
- Demonstrated potential in leading Category Management (Category Captain) engagements with a major retailer
- Strategic thinking, self-starter with ability and/or potential to manage multiple projects simultaneously with aggressive deadlines
- Advanced analytical skills and computer software proficiency (e.g. Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
Location: GA-Atlanta with 10-20% travel
Newell Brands and its Business Units are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.