To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Highland Park, MI 48203
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Home Health Care Nurse
CorsoCare • Highland Park, MI
Posted 8 days ago
Home Health Care Nurse – Western Wayne County
The Home Health Care Nurse is a congintent opening and will work under the direction of the Supervising nurse is responsible for promoting the delivery of coordinated, comprehensive care to patients through the activities of assessment, planning and provision of direct nursing care within the policies and standards of the Agency. The Staff Nurse/Case Manager makes the initial patient evaluation visit except in circumstances where the physician has ordered therapy only and the Supervising nurse approves admission by the Therapist.
Required Experience for Job Title:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Baccalaureate degree preferred.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse (RN) in the State of Michigan.
- Minimum of two years of nursing in an acute care or home care setting is preferred.
- CPR certification preferred, not required.
- Current Michigan driver's license and/or reliable transportation.
- Must be empathetic, nonjudgmental, tactful, responsible, adaptable, organized, and committed to the purpose and objectives of the organization.
- Must have excellent communications skills.
- Must have emotional and mental maturity necessary for establishing and maintaining good work relationships with patients, patient's families, and Agency personnel.
- Must understand the team approach and be a supportive team member.
Primary Responsibilities for Job Title:
- Home Health Care Nurse must be able to meet the physical demands of providing nursing care, ambulating patients, transferring patients, assisting with exercises, etc.
- Must be able to transfer patients as needed according to proper techniques of body mechanics to promote patient and staff safety and well-being.
- Assumes responsibility for an assigned caseload of patients to a developed plan of care. Conducts OASIS assessments at appropriate time points.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive, goal focused, care plan for each patient and makes updates in accordance with written orders from the physician.
- Home Health Care Nurse establishes realistic patient/nursing goals and expected outcomes. Provides nursing guidance and care to patients at home
- Makes planned home visits to the patient for assessment, instruction, supervision, and provision of nursing treatments according to the Plan of Care.
- Makes referrals to other services as indicated.
- Initiates and maintains continuous contact with the patient's physician to report the patient's response to home care, any changes in status, or possible need to additional services.
- Prepares and maintains clinical documentation according to Agency policies and acceptable nursing standards.
- Provides instruction/guidelines to home health aides providing health and personal care services, including ongoing supervision and evaluation of the services delivered.
- Home Health Care Nurse coordinates therapists, home health aides, and others who provide services to each patient to form an interdisciplinary team to ensure consistent and appropriate care. Teaches the patient and those in the home who nurse the patient how his/her care is to be given.
- Evaluates effectiveness and outcomes of care.
- Initiates preventative and rehabilitation nursing procedures.
- Home Health Care Nurse supervises and evaluates the patient's care on an on-going basis.
- Provides necessary professional nursing care and evaluates effectiveness and outcomes of care.
- Implements infection control and safety precautions.
- Plans for the patient's discharge from service.
- Shares the responsibility of on call duty for patients in emergency situations, including home visits as required.
- Informs the Supervising nurse of patient services provided and needed and any changes in the Plan of Care.
- Participates in orientation, in-service programs, staff meetings, and case conferences.
- Interprets Agency services and policies to patients, families, physicians, Comprehensive services, etc.
- Maintains a working knowledge of third-party reimbursement in relation to home health patient benefits.
- Recognizes legal responsibilities involved in patient care, respects patient rights, and property.
- Acts as a source of information, provides mentoring, and sets an example for less experienced staff members.
- Contacts the Supervising nurse to inform him/her of alternate schedule for patient visits during vacation, sick days. Or personal days off. Reports any schedule change or inability to complete assignment as scheduled.
- Accepts changes/additions to schedule during staffing difficulties when necessary.
- Organizes daily visit schedule to minimize travel time and mileage. Maintains productivity according to work status.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
General Working Conditions:
This position could entail sitting or standing for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate effectively with others, sit, stand, walk and use hands to handle keyboard, telephone, paper, files, and other equipment and objects. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to review detailed documents and read computer screens. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The work environment requires appropriate interaction with others. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Occasional travel to different locations may be required.
CSIG Holding is privately owned and operated, based in Brighton. Our philosophy of making the most out of every minute of every day, is infused throughout our operations. In fact, our passion for what we do is noticeable in everything we do.
We serve and support our businesses with a unique shared services model that allows them to focus on their core business by centralizing all other necessary business functions including: Employee Experience, Financial, Implementation, Legal, Marketing, Operations, Performance, Project Management, Research, Strategy and Technology.
We are fortunate to serve seniors, employers, employees, patients and each other. Our businesses include:
Connecting Seniors, Families and Communities
StoryPoint and Independence Village have over 35 years of experience working and living with seniors creating a deep understanding of their unique needs and desires. It's this combination of technology, understanding, appreciation, and commitment that sets us apart and makes our culture so special for both our employees and our residents. Everyone in our communities commits to appreciating our residents as individuals who deserve to shine, every day.
Navigating the Path of HealthCare
CorsoCare provides patient-based home health care services while protecting patient rights and giving them the dignity and respect they deserve. Our experienced certified home health care professionals are highly skilled and completely focused on our patients. Our services are comprised of three core divisions: Certified Home Health Care Services, Private Duty/Private Pay Services and Transitional Care Navigation Services.
Growing People, Growing Business, Growing Communities
EmPower HR creates customized human resource management solutions for our clients and their employees. Our full range of Professional Employer Organization (PEO) services gives you and your employees access to great benefits and a knowledgeable and responsive staff that is just as dedicated to your business as your own team.
Building Confidence in Communication
Communication Builders is a telecommunications site installation and service contractor with services including cellular site installation, modification, maintenance, or decommission. Our focus is on professional, reliable service to our customers including Cellular Carriers, Broadcasters, Local Municipalities, Public Works, Water Departments, and more.
Not Just Making Every Day Great. Making Every Minute Great. There are 1,440 minutes in every single day. We aspire to make each one of them an exceptional moment. This philosophy is supported by our 6 powerful, yet simple pillars: Dream Big, Have Courage, Take Initiative, Be Accountable, Give Back & Enjoy it. We strive to fulfill the aspirational yet unattainable goal of creating the absolute best experience with every person, in every interaction, every minute of every day.
It begins with empowering our employees. Every employee, at every level of the company, is expected to perform like a leader. Everyone is encouraged and expected to put the needs of each other above everything else. No one here just “does their job” The mission is to create the absolute best experiences. This emphasis on putting people first has helped us successfully grow for the right reasons.
We have developed an environment that attracts dreamers, adventurers, creators, givers and believers to seek career opportunities with us. We find people who believe that true happiness is only found in the service of others. We want high-performers with diverse skill-sets and big hearts. We treat each other as family and find that close collaboration creates the biggest ideas.
We have comprehensive benefit packages that include health, dental, vision, 401(k), income protection, and extraordinary work-life benefits.
If you love serving others, and are looking for an opportunity to thrive, CSIG Holding and our businesses is your destination.
This classification description is intended to indicate the general kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that are required of positions given this title and should not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of the employees under her/his supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Click on glassdoor to see our employee testimonials