To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Portland, OR
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Freight Sales Account Manager - UPS Freight
UPS Sales • Portland, OR
Posted 24 days ago
The Freight Sales Account Executive develops strategies to solicit new business, expand business territories, and fulfill business quotas. He/she reviews inbound and outbound manifests (i.e., shipping reports) to identify new customers, business growth from existing customers, and shipment reductions. This position develops weekly sales recaps to provide senior management with summaries on new business, returning business, and at-risk business.
The primary responsibility of this position is to foster revenue growth and business development. To do this, the Freight Sales Account Executive tracks sales opportunities and develops a funnel of potential customers. He/she builds relationships with customer departments such as purchasing, and educates customers on UPS web site features and technological advantages. This individual also manages accounts by advising customers on billing processes, resolving inquiries and entertaining customers. The Freight Sales Account Executive promotes cross-functional sales by sharing sales leads, informing peers on freight service guidelines and service bundling opportunities, and collaborating on sales proposals.
Develop weekly sales recaps and provide account tracking of customer achievements, losses and competitive information
Analyze account recaps to monitor revenue trends and develop service recommendations
Utilize shipping technology and systems for account activity review and customer database sign-up
Train customers on use of web-based shipping and tracking functions
- Applies Service, Product, and Customer Technology Knowledge: Demonstrates familiarity with the core service offerings across business units and deep familiarity with product, service, and customer facing technology offerings of at least one business unit; demonstrates knowledge of competitors' offerings and the features of their products, services, and customer facing technology solutions; describes types of customers that would benefit from selected offerings; compares and contrasts UPS's and competitor's products, services, and customer facing technology solutions; able to compare and contrast the customer's experience of engaging with UPS and primary competitors across all touch-points; summarizes positive and negative gaps; develops plans to leverage advantages and correct disadvantages.
- Assesses Business Needs: Identifies current and future needs of the customer or business; understands how business needs dictate the project’s requirements, project direction, business objectives, and resource allocation; makes recommendations on the solutions-design phase of the project.
- Business, Financial, and Industry Knowledge: Demonstrates a general understanding of industry and financial trends impacting UPS and/or customers’ organizations; identifies the organizational structure and functions within a business.
- Conducts Customer Analysis: Works with others to research stakeholders' and key decision-makers' needs, requirements, and perspectives; describes in general terms customer characteristics, preferences, history, processes and constraints; lists what products and services are currently used by customers; uses knowledge of customers to provide input into which products or features to promote.
- Creates Account Strategies: Understands customer’s general business needs and knows the account status; may provide information about accounts for use in planning account strategy.
- Negotiation: Demonstrates an understanding of negotiation techniques; identifies stakeholders/participants that should be involved in negotiations; demonstrates an understanding of each party’s objectives.
- Solicits and Gathers Information: Demonstrates a general knowledge of techniques for soliciting and gathering information.
- Solves Customer Problems: Recognizes when customers are having issues; identifies resolution to basic customer issues and recommends solutions.
- Strategic Customer Partnerships: Establishes and maintains entry level contacts in customer organizations; builds relationships to further understand customers’ business and objectives.
- Experience giving sales presentations - Preferred