To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Saint Paul, MN 55114
- Joy Lengyel
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manager / Director of Manufacturing
Kelly Scientific Resources • Saint Paul, MN
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Manager / Director of Manufacturing - St. Paul, MN
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking candidates for a Manager or Director of Manufacturing (dependent upon experience) for one of our top clients in St. Paul, MN. This is a full-time, direct hire position.
As a Manager/Director of Manufacturing placed by Kelly Scientific Resources, you would oversee & manage the biologics manufacturing group. This facility manufactures, warehouses and distributes veterinary biologics for both domestic and international markets according to USDA 21 CFR 9 and EU cGMP guidelines. This position has supervisory responsibility for a Production Supervisor, Manufacturing Lead Technicians and several Production employees.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and direction for all aspects of manufacturing.
- Responsible for directing the review and improvement of all site processes.
- Oversees all production planning and scheduling to meet forecasts and delivery.
- Promotes teamwork, continuous improvement, and empowerment with all employees at the site.
- Prepares and ensures that spending is in compliance with the site operating budget. Works with management to provide periodic latest estimates and develops gap closure plans.
- Prepares annual Capital Budget for manufacturing.
- Ensures that all products are manufactured in accordance with all USDA, FDA regulations and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) that are applicable to the products.
- Oversees materials inventory levels to ensure least cost purchase while maintaining desired inventory levels.
- Participates in establishing departmental and individual plant goals and objectives.
- Investigates incidences of product non-conformance to quality specifications and/or customer complaints and makes corrective action on a timely basis.
- Participates in audits with Federal and State regulatory agencies as required.
- Maintains security, safety, and integrity of plant facility and personnel. Promotes an effective safety and housekeeping program to ensure the safest work conditions for all site employees.
- Works with HR personnel to hire/terminate, train, and develop site employees.
- Assists in new equipment evaluation and selection, and evaluation of manufacturing process systems.
- Executes approved Capital Projects direct purchases, and manages Capital Projects requiring engineering resources for scope definition and evaluation of success. Assists in managing on-site contractors as needed for projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in biological, chemical or engineering sciences.
- Must have direct experience with the following items: vaccine manufacturing, DSP, aseptic filling, QC/QA requirements, USDA regulations, change management, safety, audits.
- EU cGMP experience or knowledge is a plus.
- Prior experience managing veterinary biologicals production facility and staff.
- Experience growing manufacturing capabilities, implementing downstream processing systems/technologies
- Experience managing capital budgets a plus
- Proven leadership and mentorship skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Practical and decisive decision making ability.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer software, such as word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to prepare and present concise, informative presentations.
- Ability to handle day to day personnel and safety issues with support from HR and safety personnel.
- Willing to relocate as career opportunities arise within the company.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply today!
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.