To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Market Development Manager, Furniture & Equipment - Texas
School Specialty, Inc • Dallas, TX
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
School Specialty is an education company that provides innovative and proprietary products, programs, and services to help educators engage and inspire students of all ages and abilities to learn. Working in collaboration with educators, School Specialty reaches beyond the scope of textbooks to help teachers, guidance counselors, and school administrators ensure that every student reaches his or her full potential.
As part of School Specialty Inc., our mission is to be a partner in the educational process by providing teachers and parents with high-quality, K-12, inquiry-based, science supplemental and curriculum products that create effective, stimulating, and enriching learning experiences for students.
We are currently looking for a Market Development Manager for our Furniture & Equipment group.
The F&E Market Development Manager (F&E-MDM) indirectly drives the Projects by Design (PbD) and transactional furniture business within a designated territory through identifying, qualifying and securing opportunities within the F&E division. The F&E-MDM identifies/qualifies prospects/leads and provides strategic guidance to all team selling resources on which districts and sites to focus their efforts. The F&E-MDM does not directly sell products, however does make high level presentations in conjunction with PbD Project Specialists.
Summary of essential job functions
- Establishes and builds relationships and gains commitment from project buyers, key district/site decision makers to utilize School Specialty resources with a focus on PbD.
- Understands and assesses customers’ objectives, strategies and requirements to identify and pursue sales opportunities.
- Collaborates with RVPs and Director of Sales to develop short and long-term strategies.
- Collaborates with all team selling resources to identify and qualify prospective buyers.
- Exercises care within work environment to prevent injuries. Support and follow all company safety policies and procedures
- 3-5 years’ experience in Education, preferably in a high level consultative selling capacity
- Outside sales experience in furniture sales to K-12 or related environment and industry preferred
- 4-year college degree (Business, Marketing or Education preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Acceptable driving record, valid driver’s license and insurance in a Runzheimer compliant automobile
- Ability to effectively work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to coordinate work of others
- Ability to conduct research and understand trends
- Effective communication skills both internal and external to the company
- Ability to make polished and persuasive presentations to customers
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Territory covers the States of Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. Ideal candidate would live in Dallas, San Antonio or Houston with easy access to a major airport. Candidates must be able to travel up to 50% of the time which could include overnight and weekend travel.
All candidates must apply on line at www.schoolspecialty.com and click on Careers tab at bottom of page. Search by keyword “Sales”.
School Specialty, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace.
All applicants are subject to a drug screen and or background check as a condition of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer