To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
26 Research Way
Setauket- East Setauket, NY 11733
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Dialysis Patient Care Technician-PCT
Dialysis Clinic, Inc., (DCI) • Setauket- East Setauket, NY
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) is part of the team providing direct care to patients with End Stage Renal Disease. The PCT supports clinical staff, start to finish, throughout the dialysis treatment process, and delivers prescribed dialysis treatment according to physician orders and nursing assessment.
The following is a summary of what makes our team successful. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Obtains and records patient vital signs and machine readings according to facility policies.
- Sets up and tears down the dialysis blood system for the treatment process.
- Inserts and removes access needles in patients for dialysis treatment.
- Monitors and assesses patients during the course of treatment, documents changes in the patient condition, and informs charge nurse of problems during treatment.
- Calculates patient’s weight loss to reach dry weight.
- Maintains and tracks inventory.
- Performs laboratory work.
- Determines patient care priorities and organizes work load efficiently and effectively.
- Maintains professional working relationship, observing patient privacy and rights.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Previous healthcare experience preferred.
CNA, EMT, Medical Asst., CNT, with Phlebotomy skills are desired.
- Dialysis experience preferred.
The PCT must be certified as a hemodialysis technician by a nationally accepted certification exam within 18 months of date of hire (DCI prefers within 12 months of hire and will help you obtain this certification).
DCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Disabled/Protected Veteran-VEVRAA Federal Contractor