To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Commercial Banking Manager V
First Midwest Bank • Chicago, IL
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Call on major commercial account to develop new relationships with prospective clients, and retain existing business and promote additional bank services current clients. Assist team members with complex account relationships. Provide guidance relating to credit policy and complex financing arrangements. Lending authority will be determined in accordance with Bank policy.
- Supervise team members within a large commercial banking platform ensuring that they are trained, motivated and supported properly to ensure that they achieve sales goals and/or manage a geographic market serving as the Bank’s representative for all lines of business
- May serve as market manager for your community; representing First Midwest Bank in the market, soliciting business from local governmental agencies, responding to community requests for donations and supporting local opportunities for Community Investment Act programs
- May serve as the manager of a specific line of business with the Commercial Banking Division as assigned by the Commercial Banking Group Manager
- Serve as financial partner/advisor for business people in the community
- Make and service all types of commercial loans to large businesses in and around the communities we serve
- May serve as chairperson of Banking Center Loan Committee
- Insure the Commercial Banking Department is staffed with properly trained personnel, coordinating with the Area Sales Manager and Employee Resources on employee performance ratings, promotions, salary recommendations, terminations and other personnel matters
- Responsible for strategic planning involved in meeting department’s goals and objectives
- Analyze complex credits and prepare clear, complete written and oral presentations without assistance
- Manage commercial banking portfolio of business clients, assessing and meeting their business and personal needs
- Effective monitoring, administration and maintenance of existing commercial banking portfolio in accordance with Bank’s standards
- Perform sales activities, both personally and through subordinates, to develop new relationships with business clients
- Maintain credit quality in accordance with Bank guidelines and take direct responsibility for credit quality of the entire commercial banking platform’s commercial loan portfolio
- Participate in all required training sessions for compliance
- Maintain adequate controls to ensure compliance with consumer protection statutes/regulations in a defined area of responsibility
- Implement bank-directed policy and changes relating to regulatory amendments
- Conduct regular Sales Meetings and prepare monthly sales, production and budget variance reports
- Ensure proper loan documentation is prepared and monitor and eliminate exceptions in a timely manner
- Attend all Regional Loan Committee Meetings and participate accordingly
- Involvement in various community activities and organizations to enhance the position of the bank
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- Minimum 10 years commercial sales experience
- Sales Management experience
- Strong team building skills
- Thorough knowledge of Federal and State regulations covering commercial banking activities
- Strong analytical ability with effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong sales management skills
- Position may require the need to travel to other branch or meeting locations.