To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Buffalo, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resource Manager
American Medical Response • Buffalo, NY
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Req ID: 102140
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Regional Human Resources Manager
The Human Resource Manager serves as a consultant and support to management in the strategic planning process and development of human resource strategies that support the operation's needs. Aligns business objectives with employees and management in assigned operations. Responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing HR strategies to provide tactical support to the assigned operation locations, Regional, National HR initiatives and AMR's Mission and Core Values. Activities include performance management, compensation administration, leadership development, Affirmative Action compliance, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In conjunction with Regional Director and Regional HR Manager, participates in the budget for human resources operations for assigned locations.
- Responsible for all aspects of labor relations including facilitating communication, investigations, grievances, arbitrations, litigations, negotiations, as needed in conjunction with the VP of Labor Relations and Human Resources Director.
- Understand legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance as well as legislation, court decisions, etc. to assess industry trends and HR practices.
- Consults with management on workforce planning strategies. Partners with Recruiter on developer workforce plan.
- Communicate with management regarding employee relations' issues to consistently improve employee morale and productivity while being supportive of company policies.
- In conjunction with the Leadership Team, develops and executes proactive strategies that enhance employee morale, lower turnover, meet financial needs of the Company, and provide a consistent strategy.
- In conjunction with the Operations Leadership Team, develop, implement, and maintain an effective employee recognition program that inspires employee commitment to individual and organizational success.
- Conduct salary surveys to ensure competitive pay.Review and approve salary increases permitted within budgetary limits and according to established compensation policies.
- Consult legal counsel as necessary.
- Assists employees and leaders in reporting and advocating leaves of absences with third party vendor.
- Review, maintain and monitor annual Affirmative Action Plans for Operations.Prepare and coordinate response to OFCCP audit requests.
- Assess the capabilities of management team and conduct leadership training in performance coaching, conflict resolution, recruitment and selection, harassment prevention, etc.As well as individual executive coaching needs.
- Responsible for oversight of employee separation notices and related documentation and exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations. Based on exit interviews develop comprehensive solutions to reduce attrition while increasing employee morale.
- Assists employees with accessing their relevant employment information through My HR Connection.
- Provides day to day performance management guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, corrective actions, CBA language interpretation, etc.).
- Travel may be required.
- Effective information systems security is a team effort involving the participation and support of every AMR employee who deals with information and/or information systems. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures.Attend Information Systems security training, when offered.Report information systems security problems.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and protocols.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- HR Certification, preferred.
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant Human Resource experience, preferably in a Generalist capacity.
- A minimum of two years of labor relations experience including resolution of complex employee relation issues, grievance handling, etc. preferred.
- Two years of experience developing and implementing successful HR strategies.
- Preferred, a minimum of two years in a HR leadership role for multiple sites.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws.
- Relevant industry experience a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent consulting skills.
- Excellent client management and business literacy skills.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.
- Manage multiple business units in multiple locations.
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
- Be self-directed and motivated.
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate needs and make recommendations for implementation.
We are an EOE/AA employer and AMR/RM selects the best individual for the job based on job related qualifications, regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, ancestry, marital status, or disability.