To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Plymouth, MI 48170
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Team Manager
Burroughs Inc. • Plymouth, MI
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The I/T Manager of Infrastructure and Operations provides Information Systems customer service and support to our internal and business customers. Direct and lead infrastructure and operations personnel and third-party firms to deliver fast-paced, real-time operational excellence to the company's internal and external stakeholders. Working with other departments within the organization, provide them with the support services they require to efficiently perform their functions. Team Managers provide daily workload prioritization for their area(s), have responsibility for developing team strategies, policies, procedures, standards, communication with business areas, and priorities with assistance (as needed) from the VP, Systems and Business Transformation (VP). Team Managers are responsible for on-going discussions and expectation-setting of service levels, building to Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) with VP involvement.
- Directs the activities required to support Information Services and related Company initiatives.
- Manages daily operations and monitors the service components with the vendors in a timely and efficient manner, meeting service level agreements and vendor maintenance contracts.
- Applies Project Management skills to set and meet Service Levels. Works to resolve operational problems collaboratively with necessary teams.
- Initiates, monitors, in some cases- negotiates and controls - contracts with the numerous vendors involved in providing services to Burroughs Information Services.
- Assesses issues and recommends improvements and ensure the improvements are beneficial to the organization.
- Evaluates proposed development/improvements or changes for fit with the company infrastructure. Ensures use of Change Management, Project Management, and Problem Management Processes.
- Manages communications among teams, other IT personnel, business partners, and external resources. Supports clear, effective, and regular communication.
- Participates in the preparation and maintenance of team budget to manage expenses.
- Conducts periodic planning and operational meetings with all levels of management.
- Acts as a primary advocate for business customer support.
- Understands service metrics and provides continuous service review and improvement suggestions.
- Assists in development retirements strategy for unnecessary infrastructure
- Negotiates and approves performance objectives.
- Provides individuals with accurate and timely feedback and coaching for performance improvement.
- Provides periodic, comprehensive reviews of performance.
- Completes and delivers an annual performance evaluation.
- Manages performance problems.
- Recognizes outstanding performance
- Supports coaching and career development for staff.
Burroughs, Inc., is a fast-paced industry leader with a more than 100-year history of technology innovation and offers customers industry-leading technology, service and support for an array of payment-related solutions. As a result of acquisition and organic growth over the past several years, Burroughs now provides ATM services and maintenance for more than 84,000 retail and financial ATMs nationwide with a fleet of more than 750 field technicians. In addition, Burroughs delivers intelligent safe maintenance and services for a variety of other self-service solutions throughout the US and Canada.
- Thorough understanding of operational goals and objectives of the supported areas.
- Solid understanding of standard IT processes such as Change Management, Problem Management and Project and Work Prioritization.
- Understand how daily operational support activities align with our business partners’ requirements and strategies.
- Working knowledge of both Burroughs and vendor procedures and practices.
- Leadership, decision making and communication skills—verbal, written and presentation in both group and one-on-one settings.
- High-level knowledge of technologies used by the team.
- Ability to clearly convey technical details to business departments or convey business needs to technical departments.
- Demonstrated ability to be an agent for change.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business and organizational awareness.
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have negotiation and teamwork skills.
- Understanding and experience using Project Management tools.
- Ability to travel (5-10 days/year).
Key I/T Related Experience
- Server Technology & Related Services: Microsoft - 2008, 2012, VMWare, Citrix, GoGlobal, Active Directory( GPO design and implementations), Some Hyper-V. Dell Servers,
- Storage Technology: Dell Compellant Administration
- Collaboration Technology: Microsoft Exchange 2007 (experience migrating to Exchange 2013), SharePoint 2013, Goto-Services
- Third Party Management: Data Center Hosting, Co-Location, WAN
- Identity Management: Active Directory, Manage Engine
- LAN/WAN/Internet: AT&T MPLS, Comcast Business, cisco Switches. Fortigate
- Voice Systems: cisco VOIP, Finesse
- Help Desk/Monitoring: Vivantio, Spiceworks, PRTG, LogMeIn, SCCM 2012 (or other imaging solutions)
- Mobile: Primarily Android, iphone
- Controls: SOC II - Type I and II / SSAE 16
All offers are contingent based upon a background check, which might include a criminal record check and employment verification
Team Manager, IT Manager, Infrastructure, Operations,