To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA 94102
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
The Dui Hua Foundation • San Francisco, CA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Dui Hua Foundation is currently seeking an experienced Part-Time Accountant to join our team in San Francisco, CA.
The Dui Hua Foundation, with offices in San Francisco and Hong Kong, is a visionary nonprofit foundation which conducts a dialogue on human rights and rule of law with the Chinese government. This position is part-time (about 20 hours a week). We offer flexible working schedule and great work environment at a convenient downtown location.
- Perform accounts payable function including receiving and matching invoices, reviewing for proper account coding approval.
- Process employee expense reports.
- Process donations, grants and other accounts receivable.
- Coordinate payroll function with outsource payroll service.
- Make all QuickBooks entries.
- Support month-end closes by preparing accruals, recording journal entries and reconciling general ledger accounts.
- Ensure all transactions are in accordance with company policies and procedures, and are adequately documented and properly filed.
- Maintain Form W-9 and issue year-end 1099's to necessary vendors.
- Annual tax filings: Support preparation of Form 990 by outside CPA and prepare supporting documentation
- Annual audit: Prepare for and support annual audit by outside CPA firm.
- Nonprofit finances: Use QuickBooks Classes to manage program expenditures, prepare annual functional expense allocations.
- Budgeting and cash flow: Assist Senior Managers and Executive Director to prepare annual budget and to monitor cash flow
- Reporting: Prepare quarterly financial statements and grant financial reports
- Assist in special projects as requested
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ year's previous experience
- Non-profit experience a plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and advanced user of Excel
- Logical thinking, adept at crunching numbers
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Meticulousness with details and precision
- Proven financial analysis skills, demonstrated initiative, self-direction, and a "can-do" attitude
- Desire to pursue a career in non-profit financial management
- Keen interest in US-China relations and human rights
Compensation and Benefits:
- $25 to $40 per hour; commensurate with experience
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements via the “APPLY NOW” button
Equal Opportunity Employer
Education = 4 Year Degree
Relevant Work Experience = At Least 2 Years
Job Type = Accounting
Salary Range = $25 to $40
Job Industry = Not for Profit - Charitable
Job Location City = San Francisco
Job Location State = CA
Job Location Zip = 94108
RelocationExpenses = not covered
EmployeeType = Part-Time Employee
Travel = None
JobManagesOthers = No
JobSalaryPayPer = Hour
Confidentiality Election = Unrestricted