To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kansas City, MO 64082
- Reinhart Foodservice
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Transportation Supervisor - RFS
Reinhart Foodservice • Kansas City, MO
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Transportation Supervisor is a member of Reinhart's Transportation Department and is primarily responsible for supervising daily transportation operations.
Required Skills and Experience:
* High School degree or GED.
* 2+ years of supervisory experience.
* Proficient with all Microsoft Office Suites.
* Proficient with Routing Programs such as RoadNet and Xata.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* College degree.
* Food service distribution experience.
* CDL Class A.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
* Provide supervision to daily transportation operations including planning, scheduling manpower and equipment of hourly workforce, establishing an environment that maximizes employee involvement and morale.
* Responsible for ensuring quality standards and productivity goals are achieved for receipt and shipment of product. This includes possessing the skills to perform the functions listed below while continuing to structure and develop the department.
* Ensures compliance with all DOT regulations and reporting.
* Oversees and manages fleet repairs and maintenance including but not limited to driver repair reporting, repair scheduling, budgeting, adherence to vendor turnaround commitments, etc.
* Manages scanner inventory and repairs.
* Ensures timely and accurate reporting to relevant entities (IFTA, EAM, etc)
* Oversees driver scheduling.
* Serves as back-up in the absence of the Router.
* Assists in driver recruitment.
* Oversees day to day communication with relevant departments.
* Oversees injury and accident investigations and ensures timely accident/injury reporting
* All other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status,
or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.