To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Burlington Township, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Systems Engineer (Permanent)
Apex Life Sciences • Burlington Township, NJ
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Apex Life Sciences is looking for a Systems Engineer for our client located in the Burlington, ON area. Our client is an electronics manufacturer. This is a permanent position on on the day shift.
- Execute the systems engineering role in the systems development life cycle
- Elicit, define and analyze stakeholder requirements to create a comprehensive product specification
- Define and document functional requirements and design constraints to respond to the stakeholder requirements
- Work with mechanical, electrical, electro-optical, software and firmware engineers to develop and implement a clearly documented system architecture
- Work with project engineers and project managers to control cost, scope and schedule adherence
- Work with reliability engineering to ensure that the system and subsystem requirements implement the required level of reliability, safety, maintainability and testability
- Review and approve subsystem design documents to ensure correct traceability of requirements through all levels of the system architecture
- Plan qualification testing, defining the appropriate test methods and procedures
- Work with test engineering to ensure that environmental qualification is performed in a practical and cost-effective way
- Perform functional verification of completed systems and subsystems against their requirements
- Develop validation summary reports
- Participate in product requirement reviews and design reviews
- Support Bids and Proposals process by developing specifications for customer-specific products
- Ability to write unambiguous, traceable and verifiable requirements
- Ability to calculate error budgets involving mechanical, electrical, optical, firmware and software error contributions
- Understanding of thermal modeling techniques
- Understanding of the systems and software development lifecycles
- Expertise in product environmental qualification as per the MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-160 and/or ADS-71-SP standards
- High degree of initiative
- High degree of problem solving ability
- Ability to integrate rapidly into multidisciplinary working groups
Experience & Education Requirements
- A minimum of 8 years progressive technical and project experience
- Undergraduate Engineering Degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.