To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Arlington Heights, IL 60005
- J.M. Wilson Corp
- Phone: 269-327-4130
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Transportation Underwriter
J.M. Wilson Corporation • Arlington Heights, IL
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
To support the Underwriters to quote, issue, and service commercial accounts via phone, e-mail, and fax in a manner which creates an exceptional customer experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Bind and set up policies for issuance
- Phone calls to customers and companies, returning customer calls and making calls to company underwriters for assistance on account service issues
- Maintain daily workflow in ImageRight by analyzing, handling or forwarding to the techs daily tasks for processing
- Meet service standard requirements
- Maintain underwriting knowledge by attending underwriter training meetings at JM Wilson and insurance carriers also by reviewing company underwriting changes and manual updates
- Back up others in the department and company by answering phone calls, handling customer service needs, quotes, binding and handling rush items
- Quote renewal business for limited classes of business by reviewing account against acceptability to company underwriting guidelines and rates
- Quote or decline new business for limited classes of business by evaluating the submissions for acceptability to company underwriting guidelines including review of applications, websites and loss runs
- Prepare underwriting files for renewal by obtaining mvrs, loss runs, and other necessary underwriting information at least 45 days prior to renewal
- Identify accounts for non-renewal to review with underwriter for final decision
- Perform other duties at the direction of management
- Average PJR score over year prior must be at least 5
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail accuracy
- Effective decision making and negotiating skills
- Effective time management skills with the ability to handle requests within company guidelines and goals.
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to work with multiple interruptions
- Work in a sitting position for several hours
- Knowledge of Lotus and ImageRight software programs
- Knowledge of Company rating program
- Willing and able to travel