To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Pentagon Federal Credit Union • Alexandria, VA
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
PenFed is hiring a Bankruptcy Assistant in Alexandria, VA. The primary purpose of this job is to process incoming bankruptcy notices, correspondence, payments and other pertinent documentation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned. Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Monitor bankrupt member accounts, coordinating with the Bankruptcy Specialist on the status of cases as necessary.
- Bring bankrupt accounts with unusual situations to the attention of the Bankruptcy Specialist and provides documentation.
- Research and assist in the preparation of accounts for charge off.
- Assist in the preparation of all-necessary forms and paperwork for the filing of proofs of claim.
- Assist in the preparation of bankruptcy reports and compile other bankruptcy statistics as requested.
- Assist in initiating appropriate follow-up activity on delinquent bankrupt accounts and maintain written chronological records of all facts, information developed and actions taken.
- Maintain files and paperwork for bankruptcy accounts, ensuring the accuracy of bankruptcy records.
- Enters bankrupt accounts into the system for complete follow up including setting up accounts on the online collection system queue.
- Code accounts with bankruptcy status.
- Process payments from members, bankruptcy trustees to be credited to bankrupt members’ accounts.
- Order appropriate documents from PenFed Member Records and the bankruptcy courts in order to take action as appropriate.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Associate’s Degree in a related field is required.
- One (1) year of experience in bankruptcy or as a collector is preferred.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional licenses or certifications required for this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.