To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hoboken, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Finance Manager
MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC • Hoboken, NJ
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Vice President is responsible for managing the direct expense financial functions of the Global IT organization, and provides financial guidance and support to division management consistent with overall financial policy. This includes collecting, summarizing, and analyzing facts that serve as critical qualitative and quantitative inputs to the management team for strategic decision making. This individual will also ensure that information and advice is delivered timely and accurately, company policies and procedures are followed and that communication between finance and the business is strong. Overall, this candidate should be a detail-oriented strategic thinker who demonstrates initiative in decision-making, interpersonal, and communication skills with a desire for significant contribution.
Reporting and Analytics
- Support expense management / control and reporting for the Global IT organization. Prepare support schedules and various metrics for the CIO deck.
- Support month-end close process for the Global IT organization, including capitalization, iProcurement receipting / accruals, I/O’s and ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Manage the global software maintenance database
- Maintain balance sheet WIP deployment support schedules
- Prepare monthly headcount analytics report
- Provide support for internal and external audits
Financial Planning and Budgeting
- Assist with the preparation of the annual Global IT plan
- Coordinate baseline budgets and changes and upload expenses into EPM.
- Provide analytics, trends and support for budget review presentations for functional heads
- Provide support for monthly expense forecast, including upload into EPM.
- Provide support for monthly forecast variance explanations to FP&A.
- Prepare quarterly capex forecast for FP&A.
- Facilitate iProcurement requisition process including financial review, user support, monitor receipting and training.
- Act as subject matter expert for iProcurement related matters.
- Manage hierarchies, approval workflows, GL structure and submission of data governance forms as needed.
- Review HP PPM active resource report ensuring accuracy of resource types and end dates.
Liaison with other Financial Functions
- Coordinate with Opco FP&A on restatements as needed.
- Coordinate with Urbandale to ensure proper posting of journal entries, allocations and true-ups.
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure timely invoicing and proper coding.
- Coordinate with regional IT Finance colleagues as needed.
- Supervise, lead, train and develop staff.
- Promote cross-training of functions / responsibilities.
- Conduct expense management meetings.
- Special projects – as needed.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- IT Finance experience
- Undergraduate in finance, accounting or related degree
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong financial/analytical skills and creative problem solver
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team in a multi-cultural and time sensitive environment
- Experience (preferred) working with financial reporting tools, such as Oracle Hyperion Financial Suite, SAP, or Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) a plus
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol\: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including\: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at\: http\://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at\: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers