To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Denmark, SC 29042
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Supply Chain Manager
Masonite International • Denmark, SC
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our vision is to be the best provider of building products in the eyes of our customers, employees, shareholders, suppliers and communities.
At Masonite, we understand that people are key. We are a composite of diverse people who come together by showing support and respect to one another.
We hire people that demonstrate integrity under pressure. Integrity is at the foundation of everything we do. It is in each door we make, in our commitment delivery and in our honest and sincere communication.
Our employees are flexible, versatile and resilient. Our ability to weather any storm, to bend without breaking, is what allows us to hear the knock and open the door with confidence, no matter what’s on the other side.
At Masonite, we hold the door open for each other and for new ideas. We want everyone to freely contribute ideas and add value, so we are positive and encouraging. This collaborative environment is what makes Masonite a transparent, fair company- one that doesn’t hide behind closed doors.
We continuously strive to improve both our products and our customers’ experiences. This drive leads us to revolutionize the door industry and help people walk through walls.Responsibilities:
Provide Supply Chain leadership to:
- 5 Direct Reports; 15 – 20 Total Reports
- Drive profitable growth
- Execute the business plan
- Reduce supply chain costs
- Improve efficiencies through the process improvement and innovation.
- Tactical leadership to improve plant supply chain performance for Masonite through process, innovation, and capability development.
- Responsible for managing the order-to-cash cycle from the customer facing and transactional side including, supply chain, production control & scheduling, shipping & receiving, warehouse management, and inventory control.
- Drives a corporate culture that focuses on facts, tangible results and behaviors.
- Supports business execution of new programs and initiatives in conjunction with category manager’s promotional activities, new product launches, network redesigns, and adherence.
- Contributes to the ongoing development of supply chain best practices across Division.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job goals and expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Produces products by establishing production planning systems; maintaining good manufacturing practices, enforcing quality standards, improving products and processes.
- Interfaces closely with Plant Manager and cross-functional support to effectively develop purchasing and logistical systems, inventory and production control requirements.
- Ensures Masonite meets customer requirements in regards to customer Supply Chain scorecard management to include (In-stocks, Lead-Times, On-Time Delivery, Material Forecast Accuracy, etc).
- Responsible for Shipping and Receiving labor efficiency and costs as well as the management of those teams.
- Lead a trained and motivated workforce capable of implementing and executing the business strategy.
- Work with all functional departments to actively pursue supply chain excellence programs along with fostering a “one Plant” partnership with peers to achieve aligned goals.
- Support the continued development of Multi-Functional business teams in partnership with the divisional replenishment team and category managers.
- Manages, develops, and leads a staff to achieve defined goals & objectives across all responsible areas.
- Extensive coaching of team members on the ability to work in the multi-functional business environment as well as effective customer management.
- Develop functional expertise for team members.
- Develop team to increase customer influencing skill-sets (within all functions)
- Develop annual budget plan covering production schedule, purchasing, inventory control, customer service, shipping & receiving and warehouse.
- Behave continuously and consistently with desired Masonite Mprove values, and characteristics.
- Communicates and facilitates meetings effectively.
- Identifies and resolves issues skillfully and in a timely manner.
- Keeps abreast of emerging technology and industry practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting, computer science, industrial engineering
- 3-5 years in shipping/receiving and warehouse management
- CPM, SCM, or SPSM industry certification within Purchasing & Supply Chain highly desired.
- Minimum of 5 years experience within Product supply, Supply Chain (either/or transportation, DC, operations, manufacturing, or Customer Management.
- Background in Supply Chain Management, understanding of Collaborative Planning and Forecasting (CPFR), Financial Forecasting, Inventory Management, and Customer Service.
- Candidate must have ability to effectively handle multiple tight timeline situations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and possess a willingness to make autonomous decisions.
- Six Sigma Lean GB certification highly desired or ability to obtain within 12 months.
- Previous experience as a Category SCM or customer SCM preferred.
- Experience in managing multiple departments and functions in a fast paced environment.
- Exceptional understanding of supply chain concepts and processes
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to analyze data from various systems to get to opportunity/root cause.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Works with integrity and respect displaying a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Must be familiar with various measuring devices and analyzing information
- Good understanding of HR and Financial acumen is highly desired.