To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Novi, MI 48375
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Ryder Logistics & Transportation • Novi, MI
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Transportation Analyst is responsible for managing Transportation Management business processes (i.e. procurement, Freight Bill Audit & Payment, Shipment Planning & Execution) to ensure that Ryder's solutions are meeting customer requirements. This position will handle repeatable analysis and tasks driving continuous cost and service improvement by recommending and implementing stated improvements. Position will require both customer and carrier interfacing and capable of representing Ryder in customer meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, Logistics or related field or (8) eight years of equivalent work experience
- A minimum of (2) two years of transportation operations experience, including: carrier management, transportation planning, project management and logistics analysis is required for this position
- Intermediate skills in MS Excel, such as freezing/unfreezing panes, hiding/unhiding data, setting print titles & page breaks, linking workbooks, creating external links, re-directing links, customizing toolbars & menus, protecting a worksheet, filtering options, and chart formatting options
- Basic skills in MS Access, such as identifying database components, starting and examining access, opening a database, planning and creating a database, saving and adding records, finding and replacing values in a table, setting field properties, creating reports, and printing reports
- Intermediate skills in MS Word, such as using mail merge, tabs, tables, columns and breaks, graphics, fields, headers and footers, working with margins, page orientation, and spelling/grammar
- Intermediate skills in MS Power Point such as working with templates, using multimedia objects and custom animations, adding interactions, and publishing completed presentations
- Accredited internship/cooperative experience a plus for graduates
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Aptitude to gain further competency in Statistical and/or Transportation Analysis tools (Minitab, SAS, Metlab, i2, Tmod, ILPS) - Ryder TM Operating Systems (Miles, TIS, i2TMS, Ryder On line)
- Ensure that the output of TM centralized processes meet solution design specifications and customer requirements
- Proactively monitor and manage key performance indicators and execute root cause analysis utilizing TM operating systems: - FBAP - i2TMS - Ryder Online - Transportation Intelligence System Initiates continuous process improvement activities and monitors results
- Execute analysis and data preparation in support of sales activities
- Provide all support function activity including accuracy and timeliness of data processing, reporting, analysis, and all other customer specific inquiries
- Cohesively work with internal SME(s) to resolve problems and/or support implementations
- Process and distribute weekly customer metrics and develop customer performance reports
- Ability to interact with clients in resolving problems and coordinating implementations
- Participate in TM Kaizen activities as Subject Matter Expert
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.