To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbus, IN 47201
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
IT Technician (Columbus Gladstone, IN)
Faurecia Automotive • Columbus, IN
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
"Technical Perfection and automotive passion" is what defines Faurecia. We design, engineer and provide the best in technology, systems and services for automobile makers in every major market on all five continents. If you share our ambition for technical perfection and our passion for all things automotive, Faurecia has a career for you.
"Faurecia, a driving force…for your professional growth."
Our GIS Division is looking for a IT Technician (1st shift) for its Gladstone Site at Columbus, IN.
The role of an IT Technician is to support the assigned facility and IT Shared Services North America in the daily operations of the local network and IT hardware connected to it This position shall serve as the administrator for and provide user support of information and communication business systems, telecommunications and related issues. The main missions of the role include:
- Support IT issues with office and manufacturing systems (Level 1-2 Troubleshooting).
- Basic user support and training on common systems (such as Microsoft office).
- Server disk space management.
- ESX/VMWare Management.
- SQL administration.
- Hardware troubleshooting and replacement.
- Support users through a Help Desk system.
- Work with other members of IT Shared Services to provide solutions to user issues.
- Keep IT management up to date with local and system changes.
- Desktop/Laptop setup, configuration, support and distribution.
- Basic Network Troubleshooting and Support. Cisco support preferred.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the plant leadership and the IT Region Leader.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Associates/Bachelor degree in Information Technology, applicable certifications, or 5 years experience in the function.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and understanding of when to escalate issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population and demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills. Customer service skills training and experience in or out of IT preferred.
- Experience in a production environment preferred
- Requires familiarity with Microsoft Operating Systems, XP and Microsoft Server 2003-12.
- Requires familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite 2003, 2010 products
- Requires familiarity with software and hardware of PCs and network servers
- Cisco VOIP and Networking experience and/or training preferred.
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards and willingness to adhere to Faurecia’s Code of Ethics and Code of Management.