To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- North Berwick, East Lothian
- Newcross Healthcare
- Phone: .
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Care Assistant - Learning Disabilities
Newcross Healthcare • North Berwick, East Lothian
Posted 6 days ago
We are looking for dedicated, compassionate carers who have experience of working with clients living in the community in supported living in North Berwick who may have one or more of the following:
- Learning Disabilities in particular Autism
- Challenging behaviours
- Cerebral Palsy
For a limited time, we are also offering a free PVG check and uniform when you join our team!
The Care Assistant Role
As a care assistant, you will play an important role in supporting the well-being, quality of life and independence of the people in your care who live in the community. Daily tasks may include assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and assisting with activities as required.
Our clients also use their own mobility vehicles to access to community independently so a carer with their own car would be preferred. You will be provided with shadow shifts and further support through medication, epilepsy and personalised care plan training.
If you take pride in giving the best possible care that enhances the wellbeing and quality of life of every individual you care for, we can offer you flexible shifts that fit around your family or other job commitments.
This is a flexible role meaning you could be working for more than one home in the North Berwick area on a part time or full time basis, allowing the opportunity to tailor your rota to suit family and other commitments. You will be a permanent member of the healthcare team based in Edinburgh.
- Salary of up to £11.86/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (PVG) and uniform FREE for a limited time!
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
We take pride in the quality of our care, so we’re looking for experienced care assistants with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Recent epilepsy and resuce medication training
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- SVQ2 or equivalent in Health and Social Care highly preferable.
Why Should You Apply?
As a nurse or care employee of Newcross, expect job satisfaction that goes beyond other nursing agencies. Our nursing and care assistant jobs come with peace-of-mind as our staff are employed on a permanent basis and with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.
Your local branch
Edinburgh branch is located at the Quadrant, New Mart Place. We offer job opportunities from areas as far south as West Linton, to Haddington in the East and as far up as North Berwick.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.