To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Chicago, IL 60603
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Commercial Banking - Wholesale Lending Reporting Controller - Analyst
JPMorgan Chase & Co. • Chicago, IL
Posted 8 days ago
Other Great Industries
Commercial Banking (“CB”) is a world-class franchise within JPMorgan Chase & Co, serving a variety of clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and nonprofit entities. Of the wholesale lines of business (Asset Management, Commercial Banking, Corporate & Investment Banking and Dealer Commercial Services), CB underwrites the most volume of commitments, provides the largest balance of retained, funded wholesale loans and has the most diversity in loan classifications. Lending is a primary focus for CB.
This opportunity is to be a member of the Strategy and Middle Office Governance Team, within the Wholesale Lending Reporting Controller group. Although a firmwide role, this opportunity includes being part of Commercial Banking. By working in the Commercial Banking line of business, the role provides the opportunity to gain valuable insight into the clients and risk management that are so important to accurate and informative reporting on the loan products.
The mission for the team is to develop sustainable solutions to ensure accurate and complete financial disclosures for the firmwide Wholesale Lending product. The role will require international and domestic travel to coordinate and research the most effective operating model for successful, sustainable data capture with key partners in the global Credit Middle Office locations including (but not limited to) Dallas, Phoenix, Chicago, Columbus, London, Singapore, Bengaluru, Geneva).
The role provides a unique opportunity to be part of a period of tremendous change; influencing and building strategic partnerships and operating models with data providers accountable for accurate reporting of our Wholesale commitments and loans. In addition, the role will include working closely with the SEC and Regulatory Reporting teams as well as Policy and line of business Product Controllers.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Determine and develop strategic operating model for capturing key data across global wholesale loan platforms and Credit Middle Office teams
- Partner with Wholesale Lending Services and Credit Risk to improve the wholesale lending operating model and control environment
- Design exam readiness operating model and participate in mock exams
- Support the resolution of data quality issues through innovative solutions
- Preparation of other ad hoc support materials/ presentations for senior management
- Support the development of strategic wholesale lending requirements as part of the firmwide Finance and Risk Programs
- 1 year minimum experience in Finance, Wholesale Lending or Credit Risk
- Prior experience in a Finance, Credit Risk, and/or Wholesale Lending Operations role
- Experience in external reporting for a major financial institution a plus
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and technical skills, including Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop executive management presentations
- Superior organizational and documentation skills, and ability to manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong relationships across businesses and regions gaining consensus on key decisions
- Innovative and solutions oriented
Job ID: 170048685_1
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.