To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hoboken, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Reinsurance Accounting/Claims Technician
MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC • Hoboken, NJ
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Client Support Services (CSS) is comprised of global service teams who are assigned to specific client (customer) accounts to handle contracts, claims and accounting. The Reinsurance Accounting / Claims Technician is responsible for technical processing of premium and claims for specifically assigned client accounts ensuring strict compliance with Guy Carpenters operational guidelines.
Responsibilities & Duties\:
Under various levels of supervision (depending upon experience), perform all or some of the following core job functions\:
- Management of assigned client portfolio. Duties to support client base will include all transactional processing, follow up and securing of reinsurance premiums, claims, and collateral transactions with timely/accurate system entry of all assigned client activity.
- Work with other areas to support collection and cash application initiatives as required.
- Manage settlement of funds to and from Client in a timely manner ensuring all applicable payment warranties and/or conditions are met.
- Ensure assigned tasks are completed accurately and in accordance with Service Level Attributes (SLAs).
- Provide detailed information on client specific accounting/claims activities to support client sales opportunities.
- Attend transactional audit/claim reviews (as necessary) with client and reinsurer at assigned client location. Prepare and facilitate premium / claim data information in advance of the review/audit.
- Promote, build and maintain relationships with Brokers, Clients and Markets. Understand their issues and working practices in order to effectively resolve problems and/or queries.
- Participate and support manager in team meetings and activities to share opinions, ideas, knowledge and solutions; maintaining strong working relationships and actively contributing to deliver outcomes.
- Seek opportunities to increase own understanding and improve the services provided.
- Collaborate with peers on complex or contentious reinsurance developments.
- Support, assist and provide guidance to less experienced Colleagues as needed.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- 4 Year College Degree (B.S. or B.A) and/or 2-5 years of equivalent professional work experience.
- Previous knowledge of reinsurance and/or insurance concepts preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a high performance team. Attention to detail in completing assigned tasks.
- Positive attitude, willingness to offer and execute ideas and solutions to enhance processes within a changing environment.
- Successful management of workload; able to manage expectations of all Clients and Stakeholders.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, both written and verbal, delivering clear and concise messages and at all times promoting and enhancing the Guy Carpenter brand.
- Able to challenge appropriately, supporting business cases with facts and information.
- Understanding of project management methodology, stakeholder management, and risk mitigation.
- Strong ability to quickly assess and offer effective solutions to problems efficiently.
- Ability to make sound judgements independently while knowing when to bring situations to the attention of Management.
- Able to engage, influence and negotiate with Clients, Markets and Colleagues in a professional manner.
- Consistently provide guidance by mentoring and/or training colleagues.
- Consistently deliver superior Client service.
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients’ most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol\: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including\: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at\: http\://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at\: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.