To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Irvine, CA 92614
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Associate, Commercial Real Estate Banking - Commercial Bank - Irvine, CA
JPMorgan Chase & Co. • Irvine, CA
Posted 6 days ago
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Commercial Banking offers clients the convenience and vast banking network of J.P. Morgan, combined with the thought leadership and global financial capabilities of J.P. Morgan. We deliver extensive industry knowledge, local expertise and dedicated service to more than 24,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit organizations with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. We offer a comprehensive set of financial products and services including credit, equipment finance, real estate finance, treasury services and provide clients with access to the investment services of J.P. Morgan.
Real Estate Banking:
Real Estate Banking (REB) delivers commercial real estate and banking products to top-tier clients active in major markets across the U.S. Primary property types include multifamily, retail, office and industrial properties. REB clients are top-tier national and regional real estate developers, investors, Real Estate Operating Companies (REOCs) and opportunity and investment funds.
REB has broad national capabilities and expertise in real estate credit, including:
- Commercial and multifamily construction
- Structured revolving facilities
- Term mortgage lending
- Subscription facilities
The business also often assembles and manages large multi-bank syndications to finance institutional quality real estate investments for clients at both the asset and entity level.
As a REB Associate, your primary responsibility will be to assist in relationship management and business development with the banker team (REB Client Executives). This is accomplished by focusing on support and the delivery of value added solutions to our clients and prospects that will help them reach their goals and maximize revenues over the life of the relationship. You will help to foster strong internal relationships, particularly with credit and treasury partners, Real Estate Investment Banking and others as applicable to help properly identify solutions to meet the needs of clients and prospects. You will also be asked to support the Market Manager with financial modeling, market sizing, client planning analysis, etc.
You are expected to contribute and eventually learn how to lead in a deal team environment, as well as deliver independent business development and calling activity. You should be capable of exhibiting strong presentation and interpersonal skills, a desire to support business development activities, as well as a basic level of product knowledge, technical expertise and strong transaction execution skills. The REB Associate will assist in managing firm-wide risks and adherence to policy & regulatory compliance standards including AML/KYC, credit exposure-including daily transactional risks, and reputational risks. You will be expected to continue to hone credit and systems skills. Successful performance of job duties may lead to future advancement opportunities including, but not limited to, the role of REB Client Executive. The final officer title and job grade is at the discretion of the firm and will be discussed at the time of offer. It may be different than what is listed on the requisition based on candidate experience level.
- A BS/BA degree (Business, Finance & Accounting preferred; all majors considered)
- Typically a minimum of 3 to 5 years of credit analyst experience in Commercial Banking or Investment Banking; preferably focused in Real Estate
- Completion of a major corporate bank credit training program (or the equivalent corporate banking/corporate finance experience)
- Experience in building and maintaining positive client relationships
- Superior Excel and Power Point skills
- Excellent problem solving, oral and written communication skills
- Superior analytical, quantitative, leadership, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and creative mindset
- Proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Permanent and/or unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S.
- Excellent reviews and referrals from your current manager and peers