To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Honolulu, HI
- Phone: 303-495-1463
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Hawaii: Oahu Per Diem Critical Care Nurse
American Medical Response • Honolulu, HI
Posted 26 days ago
Healthcare - Health Services
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Req ID: 102148
Utilizes the nursing process to independently deliver nursing care to all ill and/or injured patients during Critical Care ground transportation.
The Critical Care RN (CCT-RN) will work under Medical direction of the Medical Director, and under the supervision of the Critical Care Transport Coordinator and Management Team.
1. Provide patient care in a ground transport environment in accordance with established standards of care. Utilizing the nursing process and AMR Policy/Procedures under the direction of the Medical Director.
2. Direct patient care utilizing the nursing process and AMR Policy/Procedures
3. Documents patient care completely and concisely, maintaining confidentiality of patients records according to HIPPA standards.
4. Must attend 90% of scheduled staff meetings.
5. Professional Development.
a. Maintains proficiency in clinical skills specific to critical care transport nursing.
i. Oral intubation
ii. Nasal intubation
iii. Esophageal airway
iv. Selleck Maneuver
v. Needle thoracotomy
viii. Peripheral IV insertion/ Intraosseous insertion (EZ-IO)
ix. Nasogastric insertion.
x. Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses and seeks help from appropriate sources.
6. Participates in AMR committees as directed by the Critical Care Transport Coordinator.
7. Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement/Peer Review projects and studies.
8. Keeps current on new medical developments in critical care by reading professional journals, textbooks, completing required modules and working in critical care areas.
9. Excellent communication and inter-personal skills are essential to the successful completion of a mission.
Advanced Clinical Skills:
After the completion of orientation, training and evaluation by the Medical Director, Critical Care Transport Coordinator and/or Education Coordinator, the CCT-RN will be capable of providing advance life support and emergency procedures when necessary to patients in their care. All medication administration and procedures are to be performed according to AMR policies/procedures.
These skills include: ECG interpretation, ACLS and PALS procedures, Cardioversion & Defibrillation, Airway management, including use of oral and nasal airway, BVM, endotrachial intubation, use of Combi-tube, and appropriate use of Oxygen therapy, Needle thoracotomy in the event of tension pneumothorax, Intraosseous insertion IV fluid management and IV Continuous medication infusion management, EZ-IO.
The CCT-RN is responsible for the knowledge of all medications a patient receives.
If a drug is unfamiliar to the CCT RN; he/she will utilize all possible resources including "Epocrates" on the "PDA" or the Medical Director to obtain necessary information needed for safe administration. The CCT-RN must have a thorough knowledge of all types of medication including, but not limited to:
1. Analgesics 15. Bronchodilators
2. Anesthetics 16. Central Nervous System Stimulants
3. Anti-anxiety medications 17. Diuretics
4. Antibiotics 18. Gastrointestinal Medications
5. Anticholenergics 19. Hormones
6. Anticoagulants 20. Hypnotics
7. Anti-convulsant 21. Muscle Relaxants
8. Anti-depressants 22. Ophthalmic Medications
9. Anti-dysrythmics 23. Pituitary Medications
10. Antifungal 24. Psychotherapeutics
11. Anti-parasitic 25. Sedatives
12. Anti-psychotics 26. Serums
13. Antihypertensive 27. Vaccines
14. Anti-inflammatory medication (including NSAIDS)
1. Identifies and assists in the development of appropriate research projects, assists in data collection through involvement with AMR research program.
1. Maintains a customer service attitude.
2. Participates in marketing activities of AMR.
3. Maintains a professional appearance/demeanor at all times.
4. Promotes harmonious working relationships within AMR and with AMR referral sources.
1. Actively supports the mission of AMR.
2. Promotes and creates a positive team spirit. Subscribe to the AMR standards of care.
3. Actively participates in local and national professional organizations.
4. Promotes positive community relations using appropriate interpersonal skills.
Professional Conduct: It is expected the Critical Care Transport RN will:
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects integrity, supports objectivity, and fosters trust.
- Provide care without discrimination and, with respect for the rights and dignity of all individuals.
- Comply with all state and federal laws, especially those which govern and relate to your Professional Practice Act.
- Avoid any form of conduct that creates a conflict of interest, and shall follow the principles of ethical business behavior.
- Actively maintain and continually improve professional competence, and represent it accurately.
- Perform only those procedures or functions in which you are individually competent and which are within the scope of accepted and reasonable practice.
- Respect and protect the legal and personal rights of patients you care for, including the right to informed consent and refusal of treatment.
- No confidential information shall be divulged pertaining to AMR, its employees, practices, vendors, clients, patient or family, unless disclosure is required for responsible performance of duty, or required by law.
- Will report any and all issues pertaining to personnel, such as, but not limited to, benefits, illness, discrimination, sexual harassment or safety concerns brought to your attention should be reported to your imitate supervisor, management team or the Director of Human Resources.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled
Job ID: 102148-en_US
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.