To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Trenton, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Generalist
Ingersoll Rand • Trenton, NJ
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
- Functions as HR Strategic Generalist providing HR counsel to business management teams; responsible for support in execution of HR strategies and programs that support business and corporate goals
- Engages in overall talent practices including workforce planning, success profiling, on-boarding, talent development and management, retention, and engagement programs
- Coaches and counsels managers on talent management practices, addressing questions and helping them navigate the process through the use of internal Performance Management System
- Partners with talent acquisition and hiring managers in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding employees; provides tools/resources to new employees on culture, company, and groups
- Gathers, analyzes, and interprets HR related data for report generation and management decision making; links HR action plans with business needs
- Creates positive change through coaching, counseling, and influencing skills
- Monitors employee climate to identify issues/trends; counsel managers on identifying issues and implementing corrective actions, while also seeing opportunities to increase engagement
- Facilitates talent stewardship through communication and training on HR practices and processes
- Works with legal and managers in matters of termination of employees; addresses employee relations issues, such as allegations, complaints, or other concerns brought up from employees
- Demonstrates awareness of the cross-cultural impact of HR processes; coaches managers on the positive impact of a progressive, diverse, and inclusive work environment
- Learns and applies knowledge of customer and business matters and links to role in HR
- Regularly participates in business discussions and decisions with managers
- Acts as employee advocate through effective labor and employee relations
- Facilitates conflict resolution activities and assists supervisors and managers through negotiations
- Works with local management team to develop and implement engagement and retention plans
- Broad HR Generalist skills, including: compensation and benefits, employee relations, recruiting, local and federal law knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in a professional, positive, courteous manner at all times with all levels of customers, clients, vendors, visitors, and employees
- Detail-orientated, organized, with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently and/or collaboratively with a team, with excellent project management
- Self-motivated with ability to establish priorities and effectively manage multiple tasks
- Preferred experienced and knowledge in HRMS and other HR Systems; PeopleSoft experience a plus
- Preferred Masters in HR and or MBA
- Preferred SPHR/PHR certificate
- Proficiency in using Microsoft software: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Percentage of Travel: 5%
- Min. Yrs. Experience: 2-7
- Education Standard: Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Education Type: Human Resources, Labor/Industrial Relations, Management, Psychology, Finance, Business, or related discipline
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.