To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lubbock, TX
- Pep Boys
- Phone: 317-442-9549
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Parts Driver - Part-time
Pep Boys • Lubbock, TX
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Auto Plus is a major U.S.-based distributor of automotive aftermarket parts. Since 1921, Pep Boys has been one of the nation's leading automotive aftermarket chains with over 7,500 service bays in over 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico. Together, the united organization, Auto Plus Pep Boys, has over 21,000 associates in more than 20 distribution centers and over 1,000 corporate locations. In addition, the company supports more than 530 independently-owned stores and over 2,400 independently-owned service centers across the nation. Auto Plus Pep Boys is owned by Icahn Enterprises L.P. ("Icahn Enterprises"; NASDAQ: IEP).
Drives company owned van, SUV or lightweight truck to deliver replacements parts, equipment, tools and accessories for motor vehicles to customers. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
This is a part-time position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Safely deliver auto parts in perfect condition to customers in a company owned vehicle.
- Build long-term relationships with customers delivered to.
- Provide prompt and courteous service in a professional manner that will leave a positive impression and a totally satisfied customer.
- Load truck with auto parts to be delivered and unload merchandise.
- Review all merchandise for quality and accuracy prior to accepting delivery.
- Ensure delivery schedule is set.
- Accurately record all deliveries and pickups made.
- May assist with customer service activities within retail parts location.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma required
- 1-2 years' delivery experience where timing is important
- Provides friendly, courteous, and helpful customer service in a way that results in a completely satisfied customer
- Ability to exercise judgement and to work independently
- Comfortable utilizing up sell techniques
- Ability to handle difficult customer service situations
- Must maintain a valid driver's license in the state of operation and must meet the guidelines as outlined in the Motor Vehicle Policy
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and stooping.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- Lifting of heavy equipment of up to 50 pounds.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.