To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Queens, NY
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Full Time Franchise Consultant - New York
UPS Professional • Queens, NY
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The UPS Store, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS is the world's largest franchisor of retail shipping, postal, printing and business service centers. The UPS Store® has over 4,800 independently owned locations in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, 401(k) with company match, retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, discounted stock purchase plans and more. The UPS Store Franchise Consultant is responsible for supporting
The UPS Store (TUPSS) Franchise Consultant is responsible for supporting The UPS Stores Franchisees to ensure center performance, center profitability, and center compliance. He/She is responsible to assist The UPS Store Franchisees with franchise renewals, center transfer of ownership, center relocations, new build-outs, store placements, and transitions of business. This position is responsible for coaching, counseling, and communicating with both Company owned areas and Area Franchisees in optimizing revenues and profitability through training and support functions. The TUPSS Franchise Consultant will also be responsible for assisting with the field execution of print services within The UPS Store network. He/She should have experience in print production and/or print sales.
The TUPSS Franchise Consultant educates and monitors Franchisees to ensure consistency in standard operating procedures and compliance requirements. He/She reviews weekly TUPSS reports to identify non-compliant centers and identify action items for follow up. This position conducts center visits to verify proper procedures are being performed and reported. The TUPSS Franchise Consultant performs compliance audits to identify the potential for growth and improvement. He/She reviews various reports and plans to provide directions and simplify the annual business planning and goal setting process for franchisees. This position supports and assists with organizational initiatives to maintain franchisee accountability and network consistency.
- Develops cost containment strategies and implementation schedules with Franchisees.
- Assists in new center build-outs, center remodels, transfer and renewal upgrades to ensure the contractor completes work according to UPS specifications.
- Schedules store owners for TUPSS training to ensure understanding of policies, procedures, roles, and responsibilities.
- Assists with the transfer process as needed to include the CURE Process.
- Follows up with center owners to ensure required transfer and renewal upgrades comply with image and operational standards.
- Utilizes “best practices” approach in designing operational improvements, training, merchandising and overall franchise management.
- Trains and coaches Franchisees in pricing for profits utilizing PACE recommended price guidelines.
- Mediates and resolves disputes among Franchisees, customers and/or Area Franchisee.
- Acts as liaison between The UPS Store, Inc. and UPS, vendors, Area Franchisees and the Franchisee by serving as the primary point of contact to provide answers for concerns and questions.
- Responds to Franchisee requests for training and assistance to ensure Franchisees are familiar with their business tasks.
- Assists in planning and conducting networking meetings and general franchise support.
- Creates presentations and meeting agendas to provide meaningful information to attendees.
- Establishes relationships with TUPSS Corporate office associates and approved vendors to enable them to share their knowledge in network meetings presentations.
- Prepares network-meeting activities to improve store profitability through training and networking with vendors and other Franchisees.
- Franchise Knowledge: Demonstrates a general understanding of franchise/e organization structures and relationships; understands franchise products and services and how they relate to corporate profitability; understands royalty streams and funds transferal (from Franchise to Area Franchise to The UPS Store); demonstrates a basic understanding of the relationship between UPS and The UPS Store as wholly owned subsidiary.
- Meeting Facilitation: Applies knowledge of creative facilitation techniques to encourage participation; encourages open communication and achieves consensus when necessary; keeps participants engaged and on topic; identifies team conflicts and is able to provide feedback.
- Negotiation: Demonstrates the ability to use negotiation techniques in less complex situations; recognizes the potential impact of negotiation proceedings on the business; gains consensus from involved parties.
- Solicits and Gathers Information: Uses in-depth techniques to uncover new information or details that are not readily available; selects techniques and strategies that are appropriate for the audience; chooses techniques that result in more accurate and thorough information; implements strategies that minimize biases and preconceived ideas.
- Solves Customer Problems: Identifies business areas and stakeholders impacted by customer issues; engages appropriate resources to resolve customer issues; identifies root causes to ensure problems do not recur; stays motivated despite difficult circumstances or setbacks.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel (e.g., Pivot tables, V-look ups, database creation/maintenance, etc.) – Preferred
- Experience using QuickBooks Software - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity