To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lacey, WA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Member Acquisition Manager I or II
Navy Federal Credit Union • Lacey, WA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To implement strategic initiatives which increase awareness of Navy Federal and the benefits of membership, attract new members, and promote a positive corporate and community image of Navy Federal Credit Union. To plan and deliver member acquisition presentations at Department of Defense (DoD) recruit locations.
1. Participates in the implementation of member acquisition initiatives that adhere to and support corporate and department member acquisition strategies.
• Develops and conducts presentations to large audiences of Army/Marine Corps/Navy/Air Force recruits regarding the benefits of Navy Federal membership
• Implements regional member acquisition campaigns/activities and educational initiatives (e.g., membership, financial management presentations) to be offered where Navy Federal has potential members (e.g., surrounding communities, ROTC units, recruiting commands, and other DoD organizations)
• Collaborates with Branch Operations, Contact Center, and local management to ensure appropriateness, continuity, and effectiveness of member acquisition campaigns and activities in attracting membership
• Collaborates with representatives from Navy Federal business units to develop cohesive communications to promote Navy Federal’s products and services in support of member acquisition strategies
2. Identifies membership growth opportunities and participates in the development of member acquisition initiatives.
• Researches Navy Federal field of membership, publications, materials, and financial news to identify member acquisition opportunities, potential areas of concern, and strengthen the Navy Federal Brand through marketing and promotional activities
• Coordinates with Member Research to conduct membership surveys, focus groups, and other research with members/civilians/clients to gather information to assess demand and satisfaction trends and determine the effectiveness of Navy Federal’s member acquisition strategy/results
• Partners with Member Research to interpret results from new membership statistics and other data obtained from member acquisition campaigns/activities; provides reports, presents conclusions, and makes recommendations to AVP regarding strategy/project direction, status, and changes; implements changes/enhancements to the programs
• Contributes to achieving project objectives and performance goals; provides input on resource requirements, return on investment, and campaign effectiveness
• Clarifies goals and performance targets to Branch staff and guides others towards achieving branch and credit union objectives
• Oversees and reviews projects and initiatives to ensure that schedules comply with Navy Federal requirements and standards
3. Serves as liaison with internal and external contacts involved in member acquisition initiatives.
• Promotes awareness and trust across all Navy Federal business units to ensure continued focus and partnership on member acquisition and promotion of all products and services
• Establishes, develops, and fosters relationships/partnerships with the DoD Recruiters, base and Main Command personnel, ROTC contacts, DoD civilian agencies, media/marketing representatives, and local community organizations
• Partners with local Navy Federal management to develop, enhance, and maintain procedures necessary for the timely completion of all membership acquisition tasks
• Serves as point of contact on trends, competitor activity, and forthcoming events impacting Navy Federal member acquisition efforts
4. Performs other related duties as assigned or appropriate.
• Makes budgetary recommendations to management regarding promotional materials, travel, and equipment for submission in the Annual Financial Plan
• Maintains and updates knowledge of marketing and acquisition communications for financial services
• Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of Navy Federal’s field of membership, products, services, the financial service industry, and economic trends
• Typically receives guidance and instructions from higher level staff and AVP for projects beyond regular scope
• May offer suggestions and recommendations for problems which have limited impact
• Provides input to the development and implementation of initiatives
• Leads portions of projects and/or projects of smaller impact
• Supports implementation efforts by providing needed data and reports
• Follows established evaluation processes to identify, gather, and prepare data
• As directed, applies results of analysis to create and deliver standard reports to higher level staff and/or management
• Receives moderate guidance and instructions from higher level staff and/or management for projects beyond regular scope
• Responds to management questions and provides solutions, alternatives, and outcomes for problems which may have moderate impact and/or complexity
• Participates in the design and implementation of changes to operations and larger projects
• Leads teams and/or projects and manages project resources related to initiatives that have moderate impact
• Works with SMEs from other business areas to interpret and apply results of analyses to develop initiatives/programs and create presentation materials
Unusual Working Conditions: Requires travel to various presentation and event locations. Work schedule will vary to support events.
QUALIFICATIONS -- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Demonstrated work experience in marketing, project management, market research, or member relations
Work experience in membership growth/marketing initiatives and event life-cycles
Ability to work independently, remain organized, exercise sound judgment, and demonstrate initiative
Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Experience making presentations to large groups of people
Experience with DoD protocols
Proficient with PCs and word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software
Progressively responsible experience that provided strong knowledge of marketing, project management, market research, or member relations practices, principles, and processes
Demonstrated work experience in identifying membership growth opportunities and participating in the development and implementation of member acquisition programs, event strategies, or creating/expanding business opportunities
Highly effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including skill in persuading others towards desired goals
Strong administration, organization, and leadership skills
Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage multiple programs and campaigns, resolve conflicting requests, meet changing requirements and priorities, exercise sound judgment, demonstrate initiative, meet deadlines, and accomplish business goals
Ability to interpret and apply regulations/instructions/policies/directives and to present findings and conclusions clearly and concisely
Expertise in making presentations to large groups of people
Familiarity with Navy Federal’s business objectives, field of membership, products, services, policies, procedures, and practices
Knowledge of the financial services industry and the uniqueness of credit unions
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field
Prior military service or experience working with the military
Monday through Friday, hours vary based on business need.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability