To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Field Sales Representative - Government - Washing DC Area
National Safety Council • Washington, DC
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Government Sales Team serves as the primary interaction point between the National Safety Council and new/existing government clients. The primary responsibility in this role is to drive revenue in these government accounts. Government sales reps will be evangelists for NSC, build solid relationships with the current customer base, develop a sustainable pipeline of prospects and new customers, and work closely with other NSC personnel to ensure successful sales and implementation of NSC's solutions. These individuals will communicate NSC's compelling vision/mission, build relationships and develop a robust network of contacts within each account (senior safety leaders, risk managers, fleet managers, plant/operations managers, safety professionals), and convert those relationships and contacts into engagements for the use of NSC products and services, while also exploring additional opportunities to help NSC capture sponsorships/funding for NSC’s mission-based initiatives. The successful Sales rep will act as an ambassador for NSC, trusted advisor to NSC clients, strong customer advocate, and consummate sales professional.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- 100% of the time- live and promote NSC values, OneNSC culture inside and outside the workplace.
- 50% of the field reps time is spent formulating and executing yearly sales plans with the intent to engage and grow revenue with new and existing customer base.
- 25% involve and work together with subject matter experts and BU leaders to ensure the delivery of NSC content to customer base in an optimal manner.
- 25% provide regular feedback to senior management about the government marketplace and competitive activity, identify requirements for new products and services to anticipate and lead the safety marketplace.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced degree preferred
- The “ideal candidate” coming into the position would have 5 or more years of high level government consultative sales experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as outstanding overall presentation skills.
- Strong collaborative skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to translate policies into operational tactics
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.