To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Retail Leadership Development - Kmart (Farmingville, NY)
Sears, Roebuck and Co • New York, NY
Posted 6 days ago
Do you have a passion for leading people and helping others? Launch your retail career with Kmart as part of our Retail Leader Development Program (RLDP)! We are looking forward to developing our next group of leaders and are seeking individuals with a "Happy, Helpful, Here for you!" attitude who are looking for an exciting and challenging career!
You will begin your Kmart career by participating in a 12-week training program to become an Assistant Store Manager (ASM). Upon completion, you will be assigned to a store as an ASM and will learn all aspects of store management including but not limited to human resources, hardlines, softlines and operations. As part of the RLDP cohort, you will be assigned a mentor and participate in additional leadership-focused instruction, all designed to help you quickly grow and develop into the next store leader.
* Participate in job shadowing and hands-on experiences to learn practical application of learnings.
* Work with Subject Matter Experts throughout the store and district to understand each department and how each department impacts the store and each other.
* Complete all assignments throughout the course of program, including self-study and e-learning.
* Ability to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
* Track career development needs through Career Development Plan process.
* Performs other duties as assigned. Relocatable:
* Ability to relocate within a specified geographic area to meet business needs.
* Transferable skills &/or knowledge of store merchandising and retail management practices and procedures.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of internal and external associates.
* Analytical ability necessary to gather and interpret information and then implement developed and approved solutions.
* Strong organizational skills necessary to receive disseminate, and follow-up to corporate information flow.
* Experience leading teams or groups of people in a work or educational environment.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Minimum of 1 year retail experience or equivalent.
* Bachelor's level degree.