To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Norwalk, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Accountant, Construction
Frontier Communications Corporation • Norwalk, CT
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Senior Accountant, Construction
About Frontier Communications Frontier Communications Corporation, now a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure digital protection solutions. Frontier Business Edge offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. Frontier's approximately 28,600 employees are based entirely in the United States. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
Arising out of growth, we have an opportunity at our corporate headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut for a Senior Accountant, Construction.
Using independent judgement and knowledge gained through experience? Look no further because the Frontier team needs a Senior Accountant like you!
In this role, reporting to the Supervisor of Fixed Asset Accounting, you will be responsible for all functions associated with Frontier’s Construction Work In Progress activities.
As a Senior Accountant, we expect a few things from you plus if you’re the right fit working with the Frontier family is always a fun time!
- Reconciliation of the Construction work in progress (CWIP), accrual and deferred account balances.
- Providing work order processing support for field colleagues.
- Preparing ad hoc data requests, cost transfers, joint pole proposal, property damage and advance payment posting journals.
- Performing month-end, quarter-end, and year-end system processes.
Generating reports as needed in regards to month-end close for both internal and external use. Completing special projects and assignments as necessary.
Job Requirements/Special Skills Kind and length of experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in General Accounting. Fixed asset accounting preferred.
- Communication, attention to detail, analytical/reasoning, interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to use financial systems and tools including software, hardware, and peripherals related to job responsibilities, including but not limited to proficiency in Excel and Access for data mining and manipulation.
- Strong analytical skills to effectively evaluate and draw conclusions from data.
- Ability to analyze and make sense of large volumes of financial data.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong desire to continuously learn and improve skillsets.
- Ability to work effectively interacting in a collaborative cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, changing environment with attention to deadlines. Must be able to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
Education, certification and/or license requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree preferably in Accounting or related field
We hope that the role speaks to you. If it does consider joining our team at Frontier. We look forward to meeting you!
Frontier is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information please visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm